Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 12:08 PM
Fire Giant

Default <Super Friends> Do More With Less!

<Super Friends>

- is a smaller, tight-knit, casual raiding guild here on Project 1999. Taking from the core leadership of <Indignation> and adding in some key roles, Super Friends aims to set the bar on raiding end-game content while respecting the demands of life away from pixels.

HOW WE OPERATE:
We have a few raids scheduled weekly (PoSky, HoT, etc..) but we often like to sporadically plan and go after content when we have the right classes and numbers online. We understand that RLQuest is the true grind and demanding attendance / punishing absence for raiding has never been a philosophy that worked for us. Having fun (it's still possible, even in today's P99, I promise), enjoying your time online and helping one another progress is what truly gives us the nostalgia we all crave. We also look to our members to help dictate our plans for the week: If we have people needing epic fights / specific targets, we will always prioritize that over farming pixels or frivolous raiding.

HOW WE GEAR OUR MEMBERS
On all internal events, we /random loot with 60 Mains > Mains > Alts > Open Roll as a formula (for main raids - many of the events we plan are for fun and we just open roll loot across the board). While we do not have a set-in-stone level requirement to join, we want to encourage and and give incentive to our members to hit 60. When you are small, and require every member present to be fulfilling their role to the fullest, being 60 is important. It can be the difference in DPS/Resists/Spell+Skill Availability that decide a wipe vs. a downed target. Our guild takes pride in the amount of help and effort we put into our members without asking for anything in return, but it can only help to be the best you that you can be!

WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are always looking for someone who is a good fit. Our guild is very personality driven and we DO NOT tolerate drama queens, malicious trolls or greedy players. This is not the guild that's going to give you a suit of BiS and sock windows 7 days a week. Class and Level will always come in 2nd to the person sitting at the keyboard. Part of the prior successes of the guilds that the leadership here has run in the past is from strategic recruiting. We have a proven method of expanding and will continue to abide by it. While there are classes we have a higher demand for right now, it is not a reason to turn away the right person of a different class.

HOW DO I JOIN / HOW DO I APPLY?
Firstly, head on over to our website @ superfriends.guildlaunch.com and make a GL account if you haven't already and hit apply. As I will be spearheading the recruitment moving forward, I would ask that you seek me out personally if you're interested. Feel free to PM me on here, or contact Itap / Starbucks / Cephalus in game (I'm usually on 7pm-late EST most nights I play). If you don't see me online, just look up your local Super Friends member and shoot em a tell, let em know you're looking for me and I'll find you when we're on.
WE ARE PICKY FOR A REASON
You will be required to attend AT LEAST 1-2 scheduled raid events with the guild (this somewhat puts a soft cap at 46+ for joining) - this lets us get a feel for who you are, how you play, how you'll mesh. It will benefit you greatly to also seek out members / officers and group on normal content. Most of the people who join us have a strong enough relationship with a current member that said current member is willing to vouch for their invite. We also want to make sure we are a good fit for you, as we wouldn't want to bring someone in who won't be able to enjoy their time online because of the way our guild runs. Often, when people join us who come from larger/zerg guilds, it's a bit of a culture shock to see how we raid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Upon acceptance, you will be placed on a probationary period after being given the tag. Very, very, very rarely have we ever had to kick someone who's made it to the probationary period - but it has happened as sometimes wolves are skilled in the art of wearing wool.

YOU'RE STILL READING THIS?? YOU JUST MAY BE CRAZY ENOUGH TO JOIN!
I've played on this server for a long, long, long time. Been in guilds of every shape, size and focus. I say, in all sincerity, that the core of people who run this guild and our members are really some of the best, most generous people I've ever played with in an MMO. I personally spend a lot of my time helping out server noobs, 2 of our officers almost solely help members with progressing their mains and we have a HUGE core of people who are grinding alts up to help out with the class roster at the high-end. This attitude of helping others before yourself is a HUGE part of who we are and what we look for. Thank you for taking the time to read our post and I hope to see you in game!

-Itap