Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 01:01 PM
Orc

Default Four-man group

Hi all - a few friends are looking to join up with me on red. We're planning out what we will play - looking for thoughts and suggestions on race class combos.

Most important is that we are together. We'll be exping together as a group and probably pvp when the others are not all on. Four of us in all - so anywhere from 1 to 4 pvping at a time, but all four grouping at the same time.

At the moment we're thinking of all just rolling iksars as SK/MNK/SHM/NEC combo and to just keep it local to Kunark.

Is there another combo we should think of? What would you do when presented with the opportunity?

I should add that so far I have a 30 druid - so not much in the way of twinking is possible.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:05 PM
Sarnak

Feel like you should ditch the SK and get a chanter or druid for mobility. That way you can jump around to dungeons. Or get some other people to play with you.

But either way it works, figure you guys do FoB -> Kurns and blaze up to 19 in a matter of hours, then LoIO a bit, giants in WW and go from there.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:17 PM
Orc

We do have one non-RL friend who expressed interest in joining us with his druid. That would bring us to SK/MNK/NEC/SHM/(DRU). Would you still drop the SK? Go warrior instead?
Old 03-04-2015, 01:20 PM
Sarnak

Personally? Drop the SK and get a Rogue, Monk can root tank in worst case scenario. Better DMG output = faster Exp.

Unless your friend is deadset on SK, what matters most is having fun.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:27 PM
Orc

I think we're less concerned about racing to 60 and more about having a strong balanced group to do dungeons and pvp. Was thinking SK for a bit more tanking power - can an untwinked monk tank for most dungeons with this setup?
Old 03-04-2015, 01:32 PM
Sarnak

I'd say better than an SK if you guys are going fresh with their mitigation, but I could be completely wrong unless someone else jumps in to say otherwise. I've done both and generally liked Monk, I do miss spells...but you can do some cool shit with a monk.

If your druid is gonna stick around, might think about switching off Iksar so you guys could meet up with him easier and dungeon hop more.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:08 PM
Fire Giant

might go with sk war as the monk will tank better anyways mitigation wise. that is if you are sticking with all iksars. the war will be higher dps and less penalty.

an untwinked monk will still tank better than an untwinked sk in terms of damage taken, but definitely not in terms of generating agro.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:18 PM
Fire Giant

Trade NEC out for druid or wiz. Unless you don't mind paying for ports.
Old 03-04-2015, 02:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akalakamelee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trade NEC out for druid or wiz. Unless you don't mind paying for ports.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:12 PM
Orc

Red face

OPs setup would work best IMO

go with your gut
Closed Thread