Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Aviak

Default Possible to play live and P99 on the same pc?

Title says it all. I'm curious and want to try live, but I do not want to mess with p99.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

i currently have separate installs for P99, R99, Live, and EQMac, all on one computer.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

just dont direct the live install to your p99 folder and your good. just will use different shortcuts for each. as pharm said i have installs for p99 and live and log on both perfectly fine.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:13 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i currently have separate installs for P99, R99, Live, and EQMac, all on one computer.
How did you manage this?
Old 10-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

Pretty sure you can run red and regular off of the same copy of titanium at the same time, live goes into a folder called sony online entertainment instead of just sony these days so it won't update your titanium by accdient, and mac has a pc connection guide floating around the internet somewhere, think i heard a lot about it from a thread in the tech forums here ironically [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] note about eqmac: only way to go into third person is to hit f9 twice and adjust, it took me days to figure that out lol (mouse scroll doesnt work)

*edit* I've certainly played live and 99 at the same time
Last edited by Laugher; 10-04-2013 at 08:43 PM..
Old 10-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laugher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure you can run red and regular off of the same copy of titanium at the same time, live goes into a folder called sony online entertainment instead of just sony these days so it won't update your titanium by accdient, and mac has a pc connection guide floating around the internet somewhere, think i heard a lot about it from a thread in the tech forums here ironically [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] note about eqmac: only way to go into third person is to hit f9 twice and adjust, it took me days to figure that out lol (mouse scroll doesnt work)

*edit* I've certainly played live and 99 at the same time
So all I would have to do is patch the game? I am confused.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Laugher

You would need to to install EQ Titanium into a separate eq folder than live (which it does anyways nowadays), then download live via everquest's website

*edit* EQ Titanium will install itself into (I'm on winxp forgive the antiquity of this file path) C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest, whereas if you create or log into your live account on everquest's actual website they will let you download their client for free, which would go into C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Everquest, keep two separate shortcuts (one for your live install and one for your Titanium install) and you can 2 box them
Last edited by Laugher; 10-04-2013 at 08:58 PM..
Old 10-04-2013, 10:47 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laugher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You would need to to install EQ Titanium into a separate eq folder than live (which it does anyways nowadays), then download live via everquest's website

*edit* EQ Titanium will install itself into (I'm on winxp forgive the antiquity of this file path) C:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest, whereas if you create or log into your live account on everquest's actual website they will let you download their client for free, which would go into C:\Program Files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Everquest, keep two separate shortcuts (one for your live install and one for your Titanium install) and you can 2 box them
So just go to sonys website, and download the client, and it should keep it separate from my p99 folder? I just don't want to mess up my p99 client (for obvious reasons).
Old 10-04-2013, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandamwtc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So just go to sonys website, and download the client, and it should keep it separate from my p99 folder? I just don't want to mess up my p99 client (for obvious reasons).
Yes you should be fine doing this. It wont direct your live download to your p99 folder unless you happen to have it named the same as listed above.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:50 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes you should be fine doing this. It wont direct your live download to your p99 folder unless you happen to have it named the same as listed above.
I got it installing now, Ty for the the help!
Closed Thread