Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 10:36 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Stopped at level 2

Hello,

Instead of criticizing the decision of the server-gods to strictly stick to the 1999 formula, i'll just tip my hat to those who went trough the terrible first few levels without even a decent population to sustain low level grouping.

I just couldn't ! This is what 10 more years did to my patience regarding the grinding... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-24-2013, 10:37 AM
Fire Giant

Peace out.
Mithras Firehealer - 60 cleric
Gurig Fireplague - 53 necro
Umphrey McGee - 55 magician
Loden Arrows - 46 ranger
Old 08-24-2013, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

It took you 2 years to make level 2 and quit?

What are you trying to play (and how were you doing it?) that it is so ridiculously terrible that you can't make more than 1 level?

I mean. I guess if you're a naked level 2 iksar/troll shadowknight and you're killing level 1s to xp in a 75 ZEM zone, you'd need like 150 kills to get through 2. But that's a terrible grind because you're doing a bunch of things wrong, not just because classic EQ is "hard" or because you are impatient. Don't play a SK for your first p99 character. Don't fight in a shitty zone. Don't kill level 1s (2s are worth 4x as much xp without being even twice as tough). Get help from higher players. Etc.

If you can't bother to do any of that, then yeah, bye; there are other MMOs out there for you.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 08-24-2013 at 10:48 AM..
Old 08-24-2013, 10:43 AM
Fire Giant

The day the server opened there were 90ish people on I think and I still had a blast 1 - 10. I'd say 1000 people at primetime is pretty "decent"!

Everquest Mysteries http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=231587
Old 08-24-2013, 10:44 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Ya not bad at all. Man, I thought I leveled slow.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-24-2013, 10:49 AM
Large Rat

This has become the thinking of most gamers these days thanks to those games which I will not mention here. People tend to forget that you actually have to be social with people in order to find a group.....
Old 08-24-2013, 10:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by spatrix87 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This has become the thinking of most gamers these days thanks to those games which I will not mention here. People tend to forget that you actually have to be social with people in order to find a group.....
Grouping at level 2.

Tee hee.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:59 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grouping at level 2.

Tee hee.
I agree quite hilarious, but not impossible to find.

The bottom line is people have grown up in some imaginary world where they believe everything should be catered to them, and if they don't get their way they will try to prevent NEW people from coming by spreading slander about this great server.
Old 08-24-2013, 11:31 AM
Kobold

The lower level population does suffer because with Kunark the 50+ lvl are such a terrible grind a majority of the population is up there I think. But quiting at lvl 2, at least you got out while you still could.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It took you 2 years to make level 2 and quit?

What are you trying to play (and how were you doing it?) that it is so ridiculously terrible that you can't make more than 1 level?
He got you Tecmos (and a few others) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread