Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 06-18-2014, 09:50 PM
Sarnak

Default Necro taps don't heal for full damage

Necro taps on PvP servers did 66% damage, but still healed the necro for it's full health without the modifier-- well played necro could go toe to toe with a wizard or any other caster on live, cannot do that here as that 100+ health you're losing from not healing for full as it happened on live is the difference maker when you consider 3-4 spells casted

I'm sure this has been posted b4, not sure the result or what kind of proof there needs to be for the change
Rushx the Warlock - R99
Old 06-18-2014, 10:23 PM
Banned

Riddle me this then batman

Why did people opt to drain pets instead of players in 1v1s?

Methinks because draining the pet did full damage and gave full hp

I know the damage over time drains would give full hp... direct drain... mmmmm

Your thoughts?
Old 06-19-2014, 01:50 AM
Planar Protector

Necro taps never healed the full amount in pvp on live.

Lifetap is coded to heal the amount of damage dealt. That's why you don't get healed when tapping someone invulnerable or runed, either.
Old 06-19-2014, 12:39 PM
Sarnak

looking for proof either way.. for or against, will say that playing a necro on live is worlds apart from playing a necro here and this is to my eyes 100% of the reason y
Rushx the Warlock - R99
Old 06-19-2014, 12:47 PM
Banned

Think yer mixing up the damage over time ones with the direct ones and healing.

There might be some of those Facultas 50 megs screenies but I don't think many are from a necro PoV. Maybe you have some from your botb archive.

I'm sold atm on people drained pets to get full health from a drain, and drains only heal based on damage done.

As far as a necro being a total different experience... yeah melees didn't hit as much as I think they do in pvp here and people are taking full tears of druzzil waves at 150+ MR to give you an idea of how out of whack mitigation is... something essential for someone who has an unresistable drain in pvp.

A geared necro managing his dots&enemy buff stack/pet while weaving drains in a system where resists really work is night and day compared to here.

(So is a group having 150 magic/150/fire that should be immune to player aoe stun/damage and being able to aoe group on an ffa pvp server.. we were able to AoE the shit out of seb/fungus grove on RZ for a reason when we had the setup available)
Last edited by Nirgon; 06-19-2014 at 12:50 PM..
Old 06-19-2014, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

I have never seen a screenshot that shows deflux doing anything except 219 in pvp. 219 was a number that haunted necros because it was all a melee or a wizard had to outdamage to kill a necro.

Necros are different here for a variety of reasons, the biggest being that the pvp intelligence of this community is abnormally high compared to on live, when people were dumb and didn't have backpacks full of golem wands, didn't know what to do with a pet, and in general were morons that stood and fought instead of gate and come back later.

But the biggest issue is that people are misremembering things, and Necros were never that hot to begin with. From 1-49 Necros were indeed bad ass, and that's where they got much of the "OH MY GOD NERF" rants on pvp boards. Then Kunark came out and Necros blew ass. Velious was no better. Gimpy pet, shitty dots with long casting times that got cured or even worse, just ignored because you could kill a necro before they did any real damage.

Necros simply were not very good from Kun-Vel unless you had a huge gear/level advantage AND you got the jump on someone. It's sad but it is true. On Vallon Zek the necro population plummeted during Kunark and Velious, and many rerolled rogues and monks. You could do a /who all 60 nec and get like 3 people if that, most were being used to plevel guildies or just on to summon corpses.

Some legit Necro bugs that need to be fixed are pets still are not innately dual wielding, which means you have to carry around bags of daggers. This causes the Spec pet to not DW and thus hit for even worse damage than he already does. In addition, pet haste spell is bugged and only lasts 6 minutes, which isn't classic either. Bot have been bug reported for months and not been addressed.
Last edited by Potus; 06-19-2014 at 04:14 PM..
Old 06-19-2014, 05:28 PM
Banned

If someone is spamming draughts on you at 130 fire they should bounce off basically every time or partial and you should be able to pretty easily manage dispelling root from your pet and defluxxing a wizard trying to lure you / kite with healing recourse from bond line.

Right now they can just mash draughts all day... no way yer gonna out drain that.

Necro was pretty nasty with working resist code, Potus.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:08 PM
Banned

Wish Alecta could fix this class

Mage has gotten twice as fun with smallest change (bolts not canceling when casting a second spell/clicky/whatever).

It took beta -> present (2 year kunark?) to get this 1 minor change in.

With Alecta Mia, and 0 word on velious pvp beta, expectations are draining fast (necro pun for thrad relevance).
Old 06-19-2014, 08:24 PM
Sarnak

There was very few if any classes I couldn't kill as a NEC on live opening w/ Vex and spamming deflux, doesn't work nearly as well here, could be the melee dmg or could be the spell not healing for what it did on live, either way i got no prof so was hoping some1 else could provde it
Rushx the Warlock - R99
Old 06-19-2014, 08:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There might be some of those Facultas 50 megs screenies but I don't think many are from a necro PoV. Maybe you have some from your botb archive.
i dug through that 50 meg account pretty intently couldnt find nething from my pov, wish i had my old ss's!
Rushx the Warlock - R99