Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 12-30-2014, 11:59 PM
Skeleton

Default Pathing or Spawn Issue? I was attacked by the pet at the Splitpaw entrance.

Later on another train occured like that one, delayed, happened about halfway through fighting the single. Looked like the entire dungeon coming at us.

But we had a couple other people with us and we'd moved further in. I still don't know what happened, but it must have been something we did ourselves.

How should we go about refunding the rezzes?

Based on the combat log (the whole one, I saw it before it scrolled away... just didn't SS it, the first mob to attack was a pet, and the only pet I saw was the one I couldn't see. But after hunting near it later on, and after having a second train occur like the first, it must be something Fuhz was doing wrong on the pulls (or maybe I forgot to turn off healing song.

The second pull didn't involve any adds, so he didn't have to FD anything off him, but it did involve pulling from the same general location.

Original post follows:

I guess technically I should say "a pet" since I'm not 100% sure what happened. This was maybe an hour ago. My most recent character death (at least as of now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]).

When we (my Plume 30 bard, my guildies Kyrena 30 druid and Fuhz 28 monk, and Udog a ??shaman) first got there, Kyrena was able to see the fire elemental pet standing there. I couldn't, no one else knew what she was talking about either, we just started having Fuhz pull singles to the hallway.

After about an hour I saw movement over my shoulder (I was facing down the hall towards the zoneline)... I assumed it was a pop that added so I turned around to CC. But it wasn't a pop, it was the entire zone running upstairs at it. I said "trrain" and "run " and I hit shift up and enter to repeat "run " as quickly as I could. Between the time I saw it and the time it smooshed me I managed to repeat myself 5 times. It also ran over Kyrena and Fuhz. Udog managed to make it outside.

No one brought the train. We were the only people in the zone. So... We were trying to figure out what happened. Fuhz thought maybe FD had partially failed on his last pull and it just took a while to get to him. I thought my healing song might have caused an aggro bug like it used to always do in Dreadlands on live. Kyrena looked at the combat log and saw that the first sign of trouble was actually a pet attacking me.

This isn't a critical issue, we tried poking the mob afterwards and my AoEs didn't cause it to aggro and when Kyrena targeted it and attacked it gave her no message at all... nothing about being too far away or anything like that. When she tried to cast a spell on it, it said she couldn't see her target. At this point, it's more a case of curiosity at this point and following the guide's recommendation. We hunted there for a while afterwards without a repeat (as of the time of this writing... we're still there).

Eunomia rezzed me and Fuhz and Kyrena, and gave me a couple of notes to add to this about 2 of the pet's locations. I'm on the laptop having a cigarette at the moment, in an hour or so I'll come back and edit this from the other 'puter with her notes and the screenshot I took (after the fact, during the train and immediately afterwards I was focused on other things... but I scrolled up my combat log and I saw the pet attacking me. Well technically I guess I should say "a" pet. I'm not entirely sure what happened and I couldn't see the mob itself). But I wanted to post this part while it was still fresh in my mind... I just finished talking to her.

Anyway, as of now... If it turns out the rezzes were in error and the train was caused by something we did, if we caused it ourselves, I'll happily jump in a lake. :P

edit: I'd asked my guild about it while I was waiting on the petition (which I did immediately after I realized there was an invisible pet in the hallway with us) and they said it'd never attacked anyone. The guide said it was unheard of as well. I'm not sure if there are sever logs you can look at or whatnot, but other than editing with the information I've got from my SS and the guide's remarks, if any further action is required on my part (including the lake) please just let me know.

edit 2: http://i.imgur.com/s7EMUFN.jpg is the screenshot, but it's not as good as I'd hoped. By the time I realized something unusual had happened we'd run all the way back to Splitpaw and some of it was lost in the buffer (or whatever). So all that really shows is a pet attacking me and the gnolls swinging on me before I died.

Quote:
Eunomia says, 'that pet is at location pos 469, pos 101, pos 22.07'

"A_Rosch_Mal_Gnoll_pet002"

'the other is loc pos 667.68, pos 94.94, pos 3.59 and is "a_Rosch_Mas_gnoll_pet000'
Hopefully your logs will have more information, and if there isn't any, I'll undo the rez np. I don't want to undo a mistake I made, I'm just trying to figure out what happened.
Last edited by Plume; 12-31-2014 at 12:55 AM.. Reason: my bad