Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 07:55 PM
Banned

Default Nec vs Epic Mage farming

Hey guys, I want a stupid crappy plat farmer toon..

the epic mage is obviously great, but how does a lvl 60 Nec compare?

If you were to say, farm Legonares in Loio with a Nec vs a Mag, what would that be like?

what about seafuries, or some harder stuff?

Now keep in mind this is for trash farming. Stuff you dont need mana and stuff for.. Im looking to kill the most amount of these tash mobs to get the random drops or plat or kill lowbie stuff as easily as possible.. so its p much Epic mage pet style camps that im after and it dawned on me a necro has a pet, hows the necro pets compare for this stuff?

Thanks!
Last edited by iruinedyourday; 08-20-2015 at 08:11 PM..
Old 08-20-2015, 09:03 PM
Orc

You already have the epic mage? Use it.

You gonna roll either mage or necro and get to 60 to farm trash? Go necro.
Old 08-20-2015, 11:02 PM
Banned

I'm mostly curious how the dps of necro pet handles against the dps of the epic Mage as well as life span of the pets comparatively etc.

How much better is the Mage epic pet? Does a necro casting fear and having a backstabbing pet out dps a Mage epic? That kind of stuff.

Obviously a necro is a bit easier since they don't need the epic, like a Mage does.. But is the Mage pet so much better that that extra effort is worth it?
Old 08-21-2015, 01:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm mostly curious how the dps of necro pet handles against the dps of the epic Mage as well as life span of the pets comparatively etc.

How much better is the Mage epic pet? Does a necro casting fear and having a backstabbing pet out dps a Mage epic? That kind of stuff.

Obviously a necro is a bit easier since they don't need the epic, like a Mage does.. But is the Mage pet so much better that that extra effort is worth it?
mage pets own against necro pets hands down

now, the epic pet will own a capped necro pet and the necro.

necro epic is easier but mages more worth it IMO
Old 08-21-2015, 03:41 AM
Fire Giant

Necro is way hardier than mage. What will you do as a mage when things go south? A necro has several options.

Pet wise a mage is better and has to be, because that's essentially all the mage has. So for lazy farming of easy mobs the mage is hands down better. If you want to farm hard stuff the necro will win every day.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:42 PM
Sarnak

The mage epic pet is a borderline coding error.

If you're seriously willing to invest the time etc to get the Magician epic, go that way. If you just want an alt to farm with, play a Necro

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Old 08-21-2015, 07:48 PM
Planar Protector

This is a great post. And, all I can do is agree with all.

Hands down a mage with an epic is on easy street, but the damn quest is what Waedawen said. It's seriously stupid to achieve.

BUT....of course when you get it....pfft....

On live during Velious time frame, I used to make Mage groups (epic mage) and farm SG/Kael and DN. 2 solid level 60 groups even with a couple rogues didn't have the damage output that 6 mage epic pets had.** It's stupid.

**Please, someone try this. It's so fun
Old 08-21-2015, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

Another fun thing to do with Mage groups is invite 1 cleric with Celestial Healing. All they do it HoT pets and it turns in to easy street.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:52 PM
Banned

I was really posting this asking cus geting a necro to 60 vs getting a mage to 60 and getting an epic is a lot more difficult and if it wasn't THAT much better for killing green merbz maybe the necro would be a better strat.

Awesome guys thanks, sounds like if you are gonna invest the time and playing the long game, Mage is the way to go!

Thanks!
Old 08-21-2015, 09:29 PM
Orc

I thought about making a new thread, but figured I could just ask here instead:

Just hit 49 on my Mage, and the 49 earth pet is a beast. What can I go farm to make all the moneyz?

I am poor. Give me some ideas. A friend told me to try CoS/Idol of the Thorned/Earring of Essence in Droga. Is that doable by a 49 Mage? What else is out there? What other good cash camps are there that I could solo?
Closed Thread