Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 08:20 PM
Aviak

Default Sol B Efreeti Strat

Hiya,

Saw this write up earlier today: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=224046

It's written for Shammy's, but do any enchanters try this and if so, what strat do you use? Seems like CR would be a real pain.

Keen to give this a shot for exp if it is reasonable and not too difficult to CR. If anyone has any experience to share please respond below.

Thanks.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:18 PM
Sarnak

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=956

Thats from when I did it solo, 60 enchanter with a fair bit of experience soloing.

Its actually not that bad to keep all the PHs down once you learn the timer. Getting there can be a pain if you are trying to do it without clearing everything. Some stuff either on the way or near when you get to the cave sees invis.

Clearing PHs is pretty straight forward if I remember correctly. there is 3 spawns inside and at least 1 or 2 pathers that come in and out. Im pretty sure I killed the 2 outside against each other. Then I would calm the 3 inside and suicide one of them. Make sure you keep track of the timers. Lord can be rough since hes a caster and can dispel charm. I for sure had some issues and died a bunch of times learning the area and needed to have a friend come help to CR. Naked Calming in that area was sketchy at best. All in all you are better off going to HS north to be honest for exp and you can make a little bit of money there.

Sorry this isnt very clear but it has been a long time. Good Luck
Solo Kills
Old 01-04-2016, 10:08 PM
Planar Protector

I never did it solo, always with a cleric duo. Probably the best exp from 56-60 with a duo (outside of Chardok).

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 01-04-2016, 11:17 PM
Planar Protector

The efreeti area is a relatively straightforward solo for a high 50s enchanter. Level is about equivalent to HS West. Calm, charm, root, nuke, get XP, continue.

Djarn himself is quite difficult. He's very MR, nukes hard, dispells, and will generally blow up even an imp pretty quickly. Plus he runs and its difficult to root him with his high MR. Add a Cleric and it should be straightforward (one might even say 'BDA level'). Just root an extra imp nearby so he doesn't run.
Old 01-05-2016, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Well I was talking about duoing Efreeti obv, not just trash around there. Why do one without the other.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 01-10-2016, 12:46 PM
Planar Protector

The way you deal with efreeti running is to leave one of the room spawns up either calmed or mezzed. with a friend in the general area, efreeti will not run.
Closed Thread