Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 02:50 PM
Fire Giant

Default what were the team pvp rules again?

Hey, i am having trouble remembering the difference in rules between Vallon/Tallon Zek & Sullen Zek server. And if they ever do make a team pvp server what style do you prefer?
Old 04-22-2016, 09:22 PM
Banned

TZ was 8 level range, shorties, elves, darks, and humans/barbs.

Really made it fun in the sense that you had people to group with, and people to grief and there was no in between and created a game of zone control.

Such a shame that this box went the way of RZ the shittiest of the PVP boxes, having griefers on your team was a great thing, here they just ass rape ALL the weaker players into quitting.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:29 PM
Sarnak

Sullon Zek was any level range, but 3 factions.

Good, Evil, Neutral.

It was based on Religion, but ended up roughly divided by races.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:31 PM
Aviak

I was on RZ on live and I have to say I'd think teams would flourish a lot more here instead of ffa style.
I never got to play teams on live and I'd love to play it on one of p99s servers

We Fight Til Valhalla!
Old 04-23-2016, 11:19 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TZ was 8 level range, shorties, elves, darks, and humans/barbs.
VZ was the same, coin loot only. Had a weird server culture that turned into crossteams and non-crossteams. Non-Crossteam (for whatever irrational reason, it was still crossteaming) was Shorties, elves and humans. Crossteams were the latter + darkies.

There were still a few pure guilds (Illuminate was all elves, Dark Defiant Warriors was all darkies of the few I actually remember), but typically the "non-xteam" guilds would KoS anybody that was an xteam guild or darkies, despite the flawed logic. So the server ended up being a huge power imbalance because instead of the teams working out how it was intended on paper, it was non-evil teams vs everything else (mainly "xteams" and pure darkies).

I think the social aspects of how it actually turned out as far as player rules/culture was interesting, but essentially made the whole teams thing moot. If they made it so you couldn't immy heal/buff an opposing team, it would have been a lot different.
Last edited by dcbone86; 04-23-2016 at 11:22 AM..
Old 04-23-2016, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Teams was reworked as discord about 3 months ago and the sever is now over. You missed one hell of a ride.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

Discord99 was the best month of my life

can't remember if TZ started w/ item loot on or not, but it became coin loot

Crossteaming wasn't a thing for a while. It added some drama, but teams should have been hardcoded.

+/- 8 levels pvp. So you could get stomped by a level 60 at 52, but you could also help drive them out of zones instead of being useless.

Some zones were locked down by certain teams. Lights getting access to Guk was rare - they'd have to organize raid-numbers invasions. Even with trading mules across teams, that loot was harder to come by for them. Similarly, darks could never get at Unrest or Mistmoore.

I always liked that dynamic. It added something. Even the class restrictions (darks had no bards or classes with tracking) provided unique challenges and pros/cons to each team.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trungep99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, i am having trouble remembering the difference in rules between Vallon/Tallon Zek & Sullen Zek server. And if they ever do make a team pvp server what style do you prefer?

hahaha good 1 pal
Old 04-25-2016, 04:31 PM
Banned

Teams server already opened and closed. We had a great time, I'll post some screenshits for those that missed out
Old 04-25-2016, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

good posts

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Closed Thread