Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 11:34 AM
Aviak

Default Sort of new - Some questions

Played right before Velious release on P99 and got to 14 on my bard and haven't touched since, due to ADD-too-many-games syndrome. Chatted with a buddy and we are thinking about getting back into it.

Here's a few questions:

Will this server stop at Velious? I found some threads from like 5 years ago, wasn't sure if that has changed since.

Is there a large community on red? Is it toxic and should I expect to be camped all day errday? I played VZ back in my hayday and there was a lot of player rules that most people followed and I never experienced RZ but which ruleset both server and player is present (or at least, where can I find it?).

What's are good duo classes? I'm assuming any tank/healer or kiting duo but I really can't remember which classes really shine together.

Is there a casual raiding scene? We probably won't make it to max level anytime soon, but was curious what the non-poopsockers do.

Community events? GM ran events?
Old 04-11-2016, 02:02 PM
Aviak

^
Old 04-11-2016, 03:35 PM
Large Rat

Twochain has some good info. I'll expound on red for you. Pvp is limited to a +/-5 level range, coin loot only, no xp loss. This means aside from the CR, pvp is relatively painless. The PNP also allows players to invoke LNS (loot 'n scoot) to circumvent corpse camping. If you are killed, you just declare in ooc/shout LNS and your assailant is required to allow you to loot your corpse. You are the. Required to leave the zone for one hour. There are some twinks who pop in from time to time to roflstomp newbies, but with the fantastic red xp bonus, you will out level them very quickly. Ooc is global too to facilitate grouping due to lower population. Give it a shot and see if it fits.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcbone86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Played right before Velious release on P99 and got to 14 on my bard and haven't touched since, due to ADD-too-many-games syndrome. Chatted with a buddy and we are thinking about getting back into it.

Here's a few questions:

Will this server stop at Velious? I found some threads from like 5 years ago, wasn't sure if that has changed since.

Is there a large community on red? Is it toxic and should I expect to be camped all day errday? I played VZ back in my hayday and there was a lot of player rules that most people followed and I never experienced RZ but which ruleset both server and player is present (or at least, where can I find it?).

What's are good duo classes? I'm assuming any tank/healer or kiting duo but I really can't remember which classes really shine together.

Is there a casual raiding scene? We probably won't make it to max level anytime soon, but was curious what the non-poopsockers do.

Community events? GM ran events?
In order:

Yes

No, not toxic due to lack of population

Monk/shaman or cleric/enchanter are most widely considered to be the best duo pairs, but you can make a lot of different ones work

Yes

Occasionally on both counts
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Old 04-11-2016, 03:50 PM
Sarnak

Monk/shaman is super vanilla, but bard/paladin works just as well and can do well with (relatively!) cheap gear. The shaman doesn't come online until 24 while the bard becomes useful from level 1 and on. And, if you ever feel the need to, you can simply have the bard AOE kite to grind out some levels that suck. Oh, hi lvl35.

Also, anything with snare/fear works. A druid/enchanter or druid/necro will rake in xp like nothing else if you go charming animals [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] but whatever you do, pick something you enjoy right now, because level 50 is far far away. Don't even think about 60.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Great questions. The only thing I want to add is:

This server has had millions of hours of work. There is great support here and almost zero bugs. You chosen wisely. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Enjoy!
Old 04-11-2016, 04:01 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great questions. The only thing I want to add is:

This server has had millions of hours of work. There is great support here and almost zero bugs. You chosen wisely. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Enjoy!
even basic stuff like tracking players doesn't work. I'm not sure what you mean by zero bugs