Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Sarnak

Default Question

Is Paineel still a good grind spot for solo like it once was? Was good money and xp for someone starting out. Has anything changed with that and also at what level might my Cleric solo down there using the Undead Wards? I want to come back and play my Cleric who is 19 ... about the time I got started here Real life reared it's ugly head but gonna try a comeback and get to end game to raid some. I want to Solo and I know if i do that it will have to be against Undead.

PS: I am referring to the Paineel Guards btw
Last edited by Damaja; 12-12-2010 at 07:19 PM..
Old 12-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Orc

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Paineel isn't available yet as a zone.

I'm probably wrong though.

Toyotacamry - Halfling Shitbag Rogue
Rocketfish - Soon-to-be Iksar Monk
Old 12-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Sarnak

Erudite Necros come from there [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm probably wrong though.
You are sir
Old 12-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Kobold

Last time I ran a character through Paineel, the skeletons aren't nearly as numerous as they were on live. On live, each decaying skeleton spawn point would spawn around 3 skeletons, as soon as the last skeleton in the set was killed the entire group of skeletons would respawn, ensuring that there would always be decaying skeletons in the newbie garden. On P99 they were implemented as normal spawns and not nearly as numerous, unless they fixed it which I doubt.

Edit: Just noticed you were talking about a level 19 char, so probably referring to the guards. You can kill them and they're great money but the respawn time is ridiculously long.
Reiker is a 30 watt fluorescent bulb. Reiker is a former freelance writer. Reiker is not skilled in the craft of writing. Reiker is also Teacher of the Year at Apopka High School. Reiker is affiliated with 2 hospitals. Reiker is a remote controlled space heater in the winter. Reiker is rated "EXCELLENT" in the following areas:
Old 12-12-2010, 07:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahnza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last time I ran a character through Paineel, the skeletons aren't nearly as numerous as they were on live. On live, each decaying skeleton spawn point would spawn around 3 skeletons, as soon as the last skeleton in the set was killed the entire group of skeletons would respawn, ensuring that there would always be decaying skeletons in the newbie garden. On P99 they were implemented as normal spawns and not nearly as numerous, unless they fixed it which I doubt.

Edit: Just noticed you were talking about a level 19 char, so probably referring to the guards. You can kill them and they're great money but the respawn time is ridiculously long.
Yea the guards are what I am talking about, very sorry I didn't make it more clear hehe my bad, yea I want to chill down there and farm guards. What level do I need to be to do that with a Cleric (solo) using my Ward Undead line of spells on P99?
Old 12-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahnza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last time I ran a character through Paineel, the skeletons aren't nearly as numerous as they were on live. On live, each decaying skeleton spawn point would spawn around 3 skeletons, as soon as the last skeleton in the set was killed the entire group of skeletons would respawn, ensuring that there would always be decaying skeletons in the newbie garden.
Is there a classic source on this? This would actually be really awesome if it was true.

This is the most I can find:

http://web.archive.org/web/200105150...how&BID=185146

Quote:
For any and all newbies to this area, you don't have to worry about Noclin's pet. He spawns once every couple of days, and he's a low level, easy kill. These decaying skeletons spawn in groups of about 6 in one spot in the zone, and is a great place to fight if you can take them, because if you attack one, they will all fight you. Great exp if you are a low enough level to take advantage of this.
Quote:
a newbie monster that dwells here, there are lots of them in this area i mean LOTS this is the petfect for necros to collect bone chips.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Last edited by Lazortag; 12-12-2010 at 07:49 PM..
Old 12-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Sarnak

Anyone know what the earliest level a Cleric could solo the inside Guard with Ward undead type spells?
Old 12-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a classic source on this? This would actually be really awesome if it was true.

This is the most I can find:

http://web.archive.org/web/200105150...how&BID=185146
My only source is experience from live; it was the best place on Norrath to farm bonechips. I spent a lot of time here using the bonechips for Cabalis faction as well as PLing twinks via the Kaladim bonechip quest. Bunches of skeletons instantly spawning and then wandering off in random directions in that newbie garden is kinda imprinted on my mind.

I'm 95% sure this is how they spawned but I am 100% sure there isn't nearly enough decaying skeletons on P99 compared to live.

Edit: As far as the guards, I don't know, depends on how good you are. I think I was killing these around level 16 on my necro but it was really rough, and not worth it with the 1 hour or whatever respawn times (which I'm also almost positive isn't classic, I used to farm these guards on live and never remember running out). They really range a lot in level, I want to say from 14-16 up to 24 or so. Some of the guards deeper in are probably even higher. Also the space is really cramped, and there are often 2-3 guards standing near each other.
Reiker is a 30 watt fluorescent bulb. Reiker is a former freelance writer. Reiker is not skilled in the craft of writing. Reiker is also Teacher of the Year at Apopka High School. Reiker is affiliated with 2 hospitals. Reiker is a remote controlled space heater in the winter. Reiker is rated "EXCELLENT" in the following areas:
Last edited by Rahnza; 12-12-2010 at 11:23 PM..
Old 12-13-2010, 11:34 PM
Sarnak

The respawns are that long on this server for those guards?
Old 12-14-2010, 02:40 AM
Kobold

Quote:
My only source is experience from live; it was the best place on Norrath to farm bonechips. I spent a lot of time here using the bonechips for Cabalis faction as well as PLing twinks via the Kaladim bonechip quest. Bunches of skeletons instantly spawning and then wandering off in random directions in that newbie garden is kinda imprinted on my mind.

I'm 95% sure this is how they spawned but I am 100% sure there isn't nearly enough decaying skeletons on P99 compared to live.
I also remember there being a ton of skeletons in Paineel. However, I didn't play a character near Paineel until late Kunark, early Velious. I tried looking for old info about it but the best I found was from 9/22/02.
Quote:
If you can't get a hold of a 60 Necro and are getting tired of Kurn's, I've made a killing with bone chips in the Paineel Newbie area.

Kill all wandering decaying skellies when you enter the newbie area. Then go into overhead view and walk around the zone. You will notice after a while that there are several ground triggers that spawn 3 decaying skellies not too far from each ground trigger. The triggers only spawn the 3 decaying skellies when the 3 from the previous spawn have been killed (One I found could actually spawn 2 sets of 3 decaying skellies).
Closed Thread