Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 05:27 PM
Kobold

Default Coldain shawl worth it?

I'm a 54 wizard so traveling is not an issue and I've got over 10k to throw at training up skills but it looks like it's going to take awhile. Looking for some input as to if its worth it. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:30 PM
Planar Protector

The Mana Regen is worth it.

Also the journey to complete it is worth it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] A lot of satisfaction in completing it!
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Mana Regen is worth it.

Also the journey to complete it is worth it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] A lot of satisfaction in completing it!
Do you know if there's a minimum faction required for It? Couldn't find info on that anywhere
Old 01-27-2018, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

one of the worst quests in the game time wise. Are you currently unemployed ?
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

I didn't think it was terribly hard to do, but I had spent about 2 years casually prepping my druid for it and could just run the quest without the skill up nonsense. I'd imagine it's incredibly daunting if you're starting it as a fresh tradeskiller. Worth it? No. 8 is but we get 7. The shawl was more of a trophy piece than anything. There's other FT options.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:50 PM
Fire Giant

No it’s not. It takes probably 50 hours of farming and 50k of trade skill ups. Don’t do it unless you are incredibly, incredibly bored
Old 01-27-2018, 05:56 PM
Fire Giant

As someone who has done this twice on level 60 characters, I am not sure I would recommend it while leveling. I mean, it's a long haul but I think it's worth it. It's just something I would work on during downtime or when I couldn't find a group. Most trade skills are pretty easy but you can probably get a few levels in the amount of time it would take you to get up skills like tailoring. It's a fun quest though, so I would say start it up and work on it whenever you feel like doing it.

As for Flowing Thought 1 it's not hugely noticeable. However, if you start to get some items together a wizard can get FT1, FT2, FT5, and the epic clicky has +3 Mana Regen effect - it can add up and be pretty helpful.

Always dreamt of finishing these shoulders on a low level char and having that +1 mana regen over the whole course of leveling - it would really add up.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:03 PM
Planar Protector

50 hours seems very conservative. I probably spent 50 hours just getting tailoring from 158 - 162. I say it's worth it, though. There are indeed other FT options, but FT stacks.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I probably spent 50 hours just getting tailoring from 158 - 162. I say it's worth it, though.
yikes
Old 01-27-2018, 06:22 PM
Banned

This was my epic quest on live 😚

**tho I’d never do it again
Closed Thread