Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 02:38 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Smile Hello P99!

Hi there. I just started on this server today. I have very very limited experiences playing everquest so I'm pretty much a total newbie. I've been reading a bit on the wiki and watching some youtube videos but it's all still a bit overwhelming. I am interested in everquest because I saw at many many years ago and always thought the world seemed so large and wanted to explore it.

I made my first character a human monk named Mistyrose. I got to level 4. It's been pretty smooth so far especially because a nice higher level player gave me a weapon which i think has helped a lot. I think I'll probably make another character or two to try some different classes, see what appeals to me the most. although i know you cant get the best impression of a class in the first few levels, it's at least a little look and I'm also interested to see different starting areas.

Everyone I've talked to in game so far has been very friendly and I'm having a good time. Hope it continues this way. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

any starting tips or references are appreciated. I've played other mmos (particularly daoc and wow) but the interface and controls are still a bit different than what i'm used to.

Thanks all!
Old 07-01-2019, 09:57 AM
Fire Giant

Contact me in the tunnel tonight after 8 Eastern time. I have something to give you that will help you. Send me a PM with your character's name so I know it's you.
Old 07-01-2019, 10:51 AM
Sarnak

Welcome to P99!

I started playing a little less than a year ago, and I had never played Everquest or any MMO before playing this one. So, I was pretty much a total newb too! And I still have a lot to learn haha.

Definitely keep checking out the Wiki, lots of good info on there! But don't be afraid to ask any questions you have here in the forums, people have always been very helpful.

Maybe I'll see you around in game! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Closed Thread