Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 04:52 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Best role in my group?

Hi! I am a level 34 bard that plays with 3 other friends, a shaman, a rogue, and a monk (we have a high level druid and ench for buffs). Would it be better for me to be buffing attack speed/regen and dotting, or would it be strong to charm/feat like I was soloing and have them assist?

Just curious what role would be fastest and/or most beneficial for me to fill in my group. Thanks!!
Old 05-05-2018, 05:15 PM
Planar Protector

What are you killing? The most efficient way for your whole group is for you as a bard to either aggro it and kite while they DPS or to fear / snare it while they DPS.
Old 05-05-2018, 05:22 PM
Banned

If there are rogue NPCs available, like in Firiona Vie for instance, than charming would be my first choice. If the mobs are hitting too hard, like in Velious, than fearing/kiting would probably be the way to go depending on how geared the monk is (assuming they're the one who's tanking and not you). Single target mez would be another focus if there are a lot of casters being pulled, just to interrupt their nukes/dots since no one in your group has stun spells or bash. Also, even though you all are outside buffed, I would probably keep hymn of restoration going considering there's only the shaman present for heals. Not really sure on the rest, but someone more well-versed will probably chime in here soon enough.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:37 PM
Planar Protector

If you fear / aggro kite, your group takes 0 damage, leading to 0 downtime and 0 danger, while getting ez xp
Old 05-07-2018, 09:41 AM
Sarnak

The level 23 snare song and the level 26 fear song if you guys are outdoors , fear kiting with that much dps should be good. Your haste songs aren't going to stack with the better haste the high level enchanter is going to provide.

There are three kinds of haste: worn, v1 and v2. You can only have one bonus for each of these three. Most haste buffs are V1, the level 50 bard song melody of ervaj is an exception which will give 5% v2 haste. Also when you add up the bonuses from all 3 you can't go over 100%.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, but bard haste songs (usually) also have stat components which DO stack with other stat modifiers (str, dex). If your group is mostly doing melee dps, its worth to use those songs still while kiting
Closed Thread