Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 12:11 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Returning Player

Hi all. I, like many played classic EQ back in '98. Played all the way thru to Lost Dungeons of Norrath before quitting. Recently returned to their TLP server Agnarr, but it's not the same. So much changed. So I just ordered a copy of Everquest Titanium Edition. Looking forward to installing and getting started on P99.

I do have a few quick questions. Is the p99 server continuing to unlock expansions? Or is this classic levels 1-50?

Is there a decent population to group and play with?

Thanks all! Hope to see you in Norrath.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:02 PM
Kobold

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the plan is to not go beyond Velious. I think there is one more patch in the works but no more expansions.

That being said, P99 contains levels 1-60 and won't go beyond that.

There are plenty of players on blue (non-PvP) server. You can easily find people to group with, but population is definitely skewed in favour of some specific zones. For example, at a low lvl, it is common to group and exp in areas such as G Fay, Crushbone, Oasis, EC, unrest, MM and so on. Whereas, zones with similar level creatures such as Qeynos Hills, Toxx, Runneye may be barren.

You can check the live server population numbers on the wiki. You'll see that the blue server often has more than 1,000 players in the evening. If you haven't used the wiki, check it out and get to know it. It's a great resource.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Main_Page
Tooround Tofit - 60 Ogre Warrior
Flyhalf - 58 Halfling Cleric
Eamonn - 55 Half Elf Bard
Blood Guard
Old 12-05-2017, 03:09 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thanks for the info! Can't wait to start!
Old 12-05-2017, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Its a pretty lively server. You can find groups in the most popular places. If you make friends you can go to the less populated dungeons. East Commonlands has a vibrant bazaar going on all the time.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:08 PM
Fire Giant

Welcome to the server, Zed! Scrumtick is correct, this server will not move past Velious and will only stay in the classic era. The Blue Server (PVE) is quite lively and there are groups going in all level ranges at all hours.

I played some Agnarr as well, and I agree, it's just not the same. Not to mention, I really did not enjoy the majority of the population there. Aside from some of the madness you'll see on the P99 forums, the population is really quite friendly here.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aside from some of the madness you'll see on the P99 forums, the population is really quite friendly here.
Forumquesting is a whole different game compared to p99 ingame. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-07-2017, 04:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Forumquesting is a whole different game compared to p99 ingame. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LoL Fair point, Lhance