Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 02:08 AM
Large Bat

Default druid, enchanter and ???

Hello,

First time returning to EQ in about 10 years plus. I have two friends joining me too. One is a druid, the other is an enchanter. I am not sure what I should play. Anyone have a suggestion for are small three man team. I'm willing to play anything, What should I play in this three man group? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thank you
Old 03-29-2015, 09:30 PM
Kobold

Pretty much anything would work with an ench and druid. Monk would be really good if you like that melee-centric playstyle, but the strongest trio would probably be to add another caster like a mage or necro. You could also add a cleric and have the druid focus more on damage and try to hunt in places with animals for the druid to charm. Cleric trio might actually be the strongest due to buffs, rez, and CH is huge for charm pets. Shaman would be similar to cleric but not quite as good imo. But like I said, pretty much any class can step into a Ench + Druid + ???? trio and work out pretty well.
Old 03-30-2015, 12:41 AM
Fire Giant

Cleric is the only correct answer if you want the most powerful option.

Monk or Shadowknight if you want to play a melee.
Necro if you want to play a caster that isn't a cleric.
Kill Mulder, we take the risk of turning one man's quest into a crusade.
Last edited by fuark; 03-30-2015 at 02:35 AM..
Old 03-30-2015, 12:55 AM
Planar Protector

Shaman or Cleric. If you want to be a melee then warrior, and possibly get the druid to go shaman.
Old 03-30-2015, 01:13 AM
Sarnak

Druid/enchanter is already a really powerful duo if you're willing to level in animal heavy outdoor zones.

Your best choices for 3rd are shaman, mage, necro, bard
Old 03-30-2015, 06:08 AM
Sarnak

If you go melee, the Druid will likely have issues being the main healer once you start breaking 45+. However, since you already have an Enchanter and a porter, picking up another healer and forming a bigger group wouldn't be hard at all.

If your druid friend isn't super set on being one, I'd recommend going Cleric. Cleric/Enchanter is one of the strongest combos in the game at higher levels. Throw any 3rd class into it and it just gets stronger. You would be able to exp/dungeon dive basically wherever you want.

A great addition to said trio would be a necromancer. Brings heals, fd, 2nd rez (at 53+), lulls, dots, nukes, fears, snares, and another charmed mob if you're fighting near undead.

Ench/Cler/Necro is a powerhouse trio, although takes some skill to play well and won't feel very strong until you guys start getting into your 30s/40s.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:25 AM
Planar Protector

I'd say to with another chanter for double the charm! Any class can work with that duo though, so feel free to go with whatever you like. My picks would be: chanter, necro, shaman, Mage, rogue, bard.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:42 AM
Fire Giant

Druid/Ench is a lot of fun. I'd suggest Necro, Shaman or maybe another Enchanter. Necro and Shaman will help with areas the Druid/Ench already cover. Not everybody likes to double up on a class, but a second Enchanter still has plenty to do and will add more Dps/Utility than say, a Mage. Sorry Mages :S
Old 03-30-2015, 12:35 PM
Large Bat

Hi, Thanks for all the input. I ended up starting a nerco. I may change, who knows its alot fun. Just like I use to remember ^^. May even have another friend join us. Fun times to be had [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] thanks everyone
Old 03-30-2015, 12:48 PM
Orc

I used to trio Enchanter, Druid, Shaman in Kael. I would have swapped out the druid or shaman for a cleric. Cleric being able to CHeal the charmed mobs is just too good. It's not so terrible when the druid has that 75% complete heal, but I don't think we'll see that based off the timing.

So, another vote for cleric.
Closed Thread