Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 06-05-2024, 09:24 AM
Kobold

Default Vulak/Ring War idea

Instead of the drastic Meta change that happened with the racing. Could we just make these 2 events not winnable by the same guild twice in a row? Like if a guild wins vulak/ring war one week they are ineligible for it the week after?

Because it seems like no one is happy cept the guild on top. During the races Kingdom won vulak every time. GG was upset. Now its back to normal an GG wins Vulak every time. Kingdom unhappy.

There is no fair way to do this but this whole one guild repeating the same output is kind of annoying. I added ring war because those rolls are getting super crazy and less guilds there would just be nice.
Old 06-05-2024, 09:41 AM
Kobold

I assumed this thread was another form of GG propaganda throwing their tears at every channel of communication the server staff might see in a further attempt to influence the metas in their favor.

Forums get nuked next?
Old 06-05-2024, 09:55 AM
Planar Protector

Blue server did try this idea already for ToV. This included Vulak. Only difference was a guild could get two kills in a row. Then the guild would generally skip the next spawn, unless the mob was somehow uncontested for a long enough period:

https://project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382116

But it is no longer in practice.
Old 06-05-2024, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

bag limits are fucking stupid and is the only reason Riot is still alive today

unroot 'em and bring back 1 hour lockouts and your problems are gone

also bring back Sirken-esque raid petition handling where guilds get vacations more often for stupid bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 06-05-2024, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
bag limits are fucking stupid and is the only reason Riot is still alive today

unroot 'em and bring back 1 hour lockouts and your problems are gone

also bring back Sirken-esque raid petition handling where guilds get vacations more often for stupid bullshit
I do agree. I don't like bag limits, and I do wish dragons were unrooted again.

Small guilds had a better chance at getting kills when you pulled to ToV ent, and could push the mobs. All the extra fluff and rules still usually end up helping the big guilds, as you need more numbers to get a kill.

This obviously defeats the purpose of creating rules to give smaller guilds a chance.
Old 06-05-2024, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Pulling to entrance is dumb. It's basically saying you're giving charity to smaller guilds by allowing them to cheese things in order to do content that they might otherwise not be able to accomplish
Old 06-05-2024, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pulling to entrance is dumb. It's basically saying you're giving charity to smaller guilds by allowing them to cheese things in order to do content that they might otherwise not be able to accomplish
Bag limits and rotations are charity.

Pulling to entrance is different, because the small guilds have to compete with everybody else. If they get the kill, it is because they were skilled enough to do it, pull-wise and kill-wise.

Giving everybody a skill-based competitive method for getting a kill makes the most sense to me. I liked seeing Aftermath, Riot, Azure Guard, and Kittens in ToV every week. There was a lot of competition for kills when you had the top two competitive rading guilds and the top two casual guilds going head-to-head.
Old 06-05-2024, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

I believe a "sorry you don't got" message is due.
Also Startrek original series is lame as fuck. Lame is my wheelhouse though so it's all good.
Old 06-05-2024, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bag limits and rotations are charity.

Pulling to entrance is different, because the small guilds have to compete with everybody else. If they get the kill, it is because they were skilled enough to do it, pull-wise and kill-wise.

Giving everybody a skill-based competitive method for getting a kill makes the most sense to me. I liked seeing Aftermath, Riot, Azure Guard, and Kittens in ToV every week. There was a lot of competition for kills when you had the top two competitive rading guilds and the top two casual guilds going head-to-head.
the key is 1 hour lockout on FTE

pick your target wisely, there be merbs in window

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 06-05-2024, 01:33 PM
Fire Giant

I feel like the skill argument is overblown. Is there skill involved in EQ? Of course. But the actions per minute needed to complete the "high skill" aspects of the game is really low compared to games where skill is really the focus.

Just like the current meta requires a certain amount of mass to be competitive (achieving and maintaining that mass is part of the competition, btw), it also requires a certain amount of willingness to sweat repops. Dragons being unrooted doesn't mean Kittens, Sanctum, or TSS are suddenly going to sock 16 hour windows, it will just make the game easier for small guilds who are willing to sock them. Why should that advantage be gifted to guilds who are failing to compete on recruitment?