Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 12-04-2023, 01:20 PM
Aviak

Default Getting to PoM as a druid

I've read that certain classes with DA can make it there solo, but how would I reach this place as a Druid without the money/means to get an earring of the frozen skull?

Is buying a CotH here reasonable? I'm struggling to figure out the logistics of this, and since it seems dangerous for the mage this could be pretty expensive. I'm fine saving up to pay somebody to CotH me though if that is a service people offer.

Alternatively I guess I can follow behind a raid on NtoV but that seems unlikely.

Just planning ahead since I kind of want to try the rat maze as an alternative to bear pits, and it also looks like a fun farming spot.
Old 12-04-2023, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah you typically pay for a coth. Its easy w/ a DA idol from tips hallway. I know people do it w/o DA but just go farm an idol and its zero risk.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Shiny_Brass_Idol
Last edited by Toxigen; 12-04-2023 at 02:06 PM..
Old 12-04-2023, 03:07 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah If your guild has a mage at trips, bug someone to coth you.
Don't move until the mage logs out,run down the ramp about half way and click da idol. Turn right,run to little house and click on it
Alternatively if you have a 60 bard friend they can go with you and use their da song. If you go this route,make sure you click first. If they do,your da will drop and you'll die.
Old 12-04-2023, 04:17 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah you typically pay for a coth. Its easy w/ a DA idol from tips hallway. I know people do it w/o DA but just go farm an idol and its zero risk.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Shiny_Brass_Idol
From the guides I've read you need more than one charge though. Is this not true?
Old 12-04-2023, 04:24 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah If your guild has a mage at trips, bug someone to coth you.
Don't move until the mage logs out,run down the ramp about half way and click da idol. Turn right,run to little house and click on it
Alternatively if you have a 60 bard friend they can go with you and use their da song. If you go this route,make sure you click first. If they do,your da will drop and you'll die.
Thanks good tip. Didn't know bard had group DA song!
Old 12-04-2023, 06:44 PM
Fire Giant

Just 1 da from the trips ramp
Old 12-04-2023, 07:39 PM
Aviak

I see, I think I understand the run from trips now. Over by Cekenar and other dragons I think.
Old 12-04-2023, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonolin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see, I think I understand the run from trips now. Over by Cekenar and other dragons I think.
yep. its a safe coth spot

just inch down the ramp a bit, pop da, run down to the right, click to pom

ez pz (just make sure the mage logs out first before you move)

oh and dont just run out to the middle you'll aggro the trash before trips room...stay on the coth wall til you hit the ramp
Old 12-04-2023, 11:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonolin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks good tip. Didn't know bard had group DA song!
Bard da only lasts two ticks, other das last three. SoW before you enter tov anyway but with bard method it's critical. I think the piece about the bard clicking through last is not accurate.

You can also have a cleric or necro train ahead of you with their cast da and click in after you to save yourself an idol.

In the context of buying yourself a coth the idol makes sense but the other options are nice in the context of a couple people using their guild's trips bot to both get to pom.
Old 12-05-2023, 08:30 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard da only lasts two ticks, other das last three. SoW before you enter tov anyway but with bard method it's critical. I think the piece about the bard clicking through last is not accurate.

You can also have a cleric or necro train ahead of you with their cast da and click in after you to save yourself an idol.

In the context of buying yourself a coth the idol makes sense but the other options are nice in the context of a couple people using their guild's trips bot to both get to pom.
Bard da song drops if they zone before you, I died doing this the first time we tried it
The timer is shorter but you can make it easily with a sow for sure.
Last edited by PatChapp; 12-05-2023 at 08:40 AM..