Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 04:44 AM
Planar Protector

Default Buying toons...

Here is a link in the east commons forum:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...t=21313&page=3

Why would anyone be willing to pay 25k for a barely geared 34 war? I'm being serious...what is the value here? Is it because it is warr class? Is it because it is ogre? Is it just that pp is worth a lot less than I had thought?

With free accounts on this server does anyone think that the wide-spread selling of toons for plat will upset the game in some way?
Old 11-19-2010, 05:01 AM
Aviak

p sure he's getting trolled by that bid

otherwise someone is dumb
Old 11-19-2010, 06:47 AM
Kobold

I'm definitely not pro-selling/buying of toons. Fairly certain it can only be detrimental to the server.

Guess time will tell?
Old 11-19-2010, 06:52 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it just that pp is worth a lot less than I had thought?
most of the people who've been 50 for a while have huge amounts of plat. there's nothing else to spend it on right now, really.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Kobold

It takes time to level toons.

It takes time to make money.

You can have a brand new alt without the work of actually leveling it through the boring early stages with a few hours of cash grinding.

Alternatively, you can play that toon yourself - a lot of people paying hourly rates for PLing - and end up spending a lot more money in addition to (hopefully, cough cough) losing the income of farming on your main.

That is why people buy toons.

^Spawn Broodling misclick.. we still won okay?^

Level 50 Bard and stuff.
Some kind of guy in <Dark Ascension> and things.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smyd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm definitely not pro-selling/buying of toons. Fairly certain it can only be detrimental to the server.

Guess time will tell?
The concept of eBayed toons being clueless noobs here doesn't apply. My highest live character by the time I quit was a 54 monk - I know what it was like getting him there, I don't have to go through the pain of banging the FD button endlessly to raise the skill to know what it does and how to use it, so if someone offered me a 50 monk on here for the right price, how would that be detrimental to the server?
Old 11-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Fire Giant

It could be argued that if the culture is to PL characters (usually a very anti-social activity) to be sold for plat, then people will stop leveling their own characters and just farm plat to buy leveled characters and the lower level group game will suffer for it.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:55 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It could be argued that if the culture is to PL characters (usually a very anti-social activity) to be sold for plat, then people will stop leveling their own characters and just farm plat to buy leveled characters and the lower level group game will suffer for it.
I actually agree with this.

Back when i was on live server,i've seen the pl and it made it more difficult to find a group of low lvls.

I also disagree with buying gear with real life money.

Both of these damage the ecconomy and give these guys a reason to not group in the next area to learn how to get gear from it.

The people who are low enough to also purchase plat with real life money are also too materialistic and play to win and no longer for fun.

Back in kunark and velius era,you had very few weapons and it wasn't about the gear,it was about having fun.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranlron swiftsong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The people who are low enough to also purchase plat with real life money are also too materialistic and play to win and no longer for fun.
I agree they are materialistic, but who are you to say what is or isn't fun for them. Maybe buying that plat, and using it to gear up their character in awesome bought items is a lot of fun for them.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=21696

This made me chuckle, 21 mage with jboots. probably could have gotten more plat from selling the ring mq

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Closed Thread