Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 11:59 AM
Kobold

Default Human Shadow Knight - Weapons & Flayed Skin

I'm starting a human shadow knight and would like to get some flayed skin pieces for my fashion quest. So if anybody has any of that set they'd like to sell on blue for a reasonable price please PM me.

I don't know much about SKs so I'm just wondering if I should be looking for 2h or 1h and shield in terms of primary and secondary. Any suggestions?
Old 10-10-2016, 12:29 PM
Aviak

A fast 1 hand will serve you better than a 2 hander until the damage cap is removed at level 20. A smoldering brand is good because it procs at level 1.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDWV [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A fast 1 hand will serve you better than a 2 hander until the damage cap is removed at level 20. A smoldering brand is good because it procs at level 1.
Okay, great. Thanks. I think I have an Iksar Berserker Club kicking around. I'll use that. After 20 should I switch back up to 2h?
Old 10-10-2016, 12:36 PM
Aviak

I would use 2h slash/blunt each level for the skill ups and then switch back to 1handed. At 20 you can determine for yourself if the 2handers damage is worth the loss of AC. Good Luck!
Old 10-10-2016, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

2-handed weapons will be much cheaper for a given damage ratio. For leveling on a tight budget they're probably the way to go. There isn't a lot of demand for 2-hand weapons so examples with fairly good ratios can often be purchased quite cheaply. In the long run the community generally regards 1-hand weapons as better, especially for races which lack slam, but be prepared to pay extra.

Danth
Old 10-10-2016, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

before 20, due to the cap, don't care about 2hand weapons, beside for skiling of course.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:47 AM
Kobold

Alright so I started my new Human SK yesterday. Started in Qeynos and he's somewhere up around level 10ish now thanks largely to gnoll slaying with my druid friend. I have to say, the guild hall for SKs in Qeynos is pretty awesome looking and it's nice having a banker right in it. Just have to watch out for that idiot druid wandering around South Qeynos cause he's killed me a couple times.

For items, I haven't had a ton of luck with finding flayed skin gear yet. Only have the helm right now. The rest of my gear is mostly a mish-mash of Burynai hide pieces which is decent at least until I can find more of the flayed skin stuff or bronze/plate type armor. Should I keep trying for the Flayed skin stuff or just find somebody to make me a set of banded or bronze for now as that may be easier to find?

For weapons, I've been using Iksar Berserker Club and a Crested Mistmore shield as well as a 2h that is doing the trick to level 2h skill up.

Any suggestions for gear/weapons I should be looking for?

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2016, 01:52 PM
Aviak

If you can find one, http://wiki.project1999.com/Green_Jade_Halberd is a great 2h weapon for the price (probably since it's SHD only). Something to target for after you hit level 25 (or is it 30?) and the damage per hit cap is removed.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveD [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you can find one, http://wiki.project1999.com/Green_Jade_Halberd is a great 2h weapon for the price (probably since it's SHD only). Something to target for after you hit level 25 (or is it 30?) and the damage per hit cap is removed.
Ooh very nice! Yeah I'll try and track one down. Seems to be pretty reasonably priced too.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:37 PM
Aviak

Remembered http://wiki.project1999.com/Soul_Binder as an alternative - similarly well priced for the ratio, for the same reason. I'd say snag either that or the GJH depending on which one you see pop up in EC.
Closed Thread