Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 01:03 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone
Default Red Server Changes

Before making the announcement regarding in-game mechanics changes, I'd like to take a moment to address the status of this community, both in-game and on the forums.

The large majority of this community is friendly, helpful, and has a strong desire to see this box thrive. Most of you do your best to foster a PvP environment that is also welcoming to people who are brand new to the EQ PvP scene. Each and every one of you is special to the staff here on Project 1999, and we greatly appreciate your daily contributions to this server.

There is, however, a small contingent of toxic players on this box and on these forums. These are the people who constantly post anti-red99 rhetoric both in game and on the boards. They drive off new players by telling them to play somewhere else, simply because they themselves do not like to play here. Some of them do not even log into the server anymore, but take time out of their day to come on these boards and let everyone know that they shouldn't be playing.

We have been pretty lax in enforcing many of the forum rules here on the Red Forum section. I myself frequently let posts remain when they should really be deleted - posts talking shit about the server, the staff, etc. This will no longer happen.

Just so everyone is clear, the forum rules laid out in this post are now in full effect, particularly this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean
Server Negativity
Spreading negative propaganda about the server and serving no purpose other than to slander the community and it's staff will not be allowed. This goes hand in hand with trolling however it does extend to the Rants and Flames forums. The staff work hard to provide this experience to you, and we will not tolerate negative conjecture about our agendas or actions.

As always, questions and comments can be made to our petition forums or via PM directly to management.
It has become an increasing realization among the staff that we have let this community's naysayers run far too free. While constructive criticism will always be welcomed, speaking poorly about the staff or the server from this point forward will get your forum account and possibly your in-game account banned, suspended or in-game chat privileges revoked.

This includes, but is not limited to, telling people not to play here, telling people the server is bad, criticizing staff decisions or staff themselves, and 'talking shit' about the box in general.

These rules extend to in-game chat channels (Global OOC, shout, etc)

If you do not wish to play here, do not play here. We will no longer allow you to drive others away from the server because you do not like the environment Nilbog, Rogean, and the other Devs have created for you to play in. If you are adamant about not playing here, we will be happy to facilitate the fulfillment of that desire.

All of that being said, for most of you, this will mean absolutely nothing.

And now, on to the mechanics announcement:

The global experience modifier on red has been removed.

The only experience modifier currently in place is the scaling bonus that was previously implemented.

Before this change, players were receiving a 400% XP bonus at level 1, scaling to 200% at 50-60. Now they will only receive the scaling 1-50 bonus.

This change is non-negotiable, it is fully supported and endorsed by the staff, and has been in the pipeline for a long time. We will not be bringing the previous global modifier back, except during XP bonus periods as was previously the case. We will continue to look at XP on red, and further modifications may be made in the near future.

Thanks, and have fun!
Last edited by Derubael; 02-25-2014 at 01:24 AM..
Old 02-25-2014, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

I don't even
Old 02-25-2014, 01:05 AM
Banned

So criticizing staff decisions, is that a forum ban or an account ban?
Old 02-25-2014, 01:06 AM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-25-2014, 01:06 AM
Sarnak

thanks for the heads up on this
Old 02-25-2014, 01:08 AM
Fire Giant

l o l
Planar Protector

Respectfully disagree with the decision to modify the experience rate on a server with less than 200 people.
Banned

lol and i thought PnP was vague
Old 02-25-2014, 01:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And now, on to the mechanics announcement:

The global experience modifier on red has been removed.

The only experience modifier currently in place is the scaling bonus that was previously implemented.

Before this change, players were receiving a 400% XP bonus at level 1, scaling to 200% at 50-60. Now they will only receive the scaling 1-50 bonus.

This change is non-negotiable, it is fully supported and endorsed by the staff, and has been in the pipeline for a long time. We will not be bringing the previous global modifier back, except during XP bonus periods as was previously the case. We will continue to look at XP on red, and further modifications may be made in the near future.

Thanks, and have fun!
What happened to your group exp bonus?
Old 02-25-2014, 01:09 AM
Sarnak

wow, the best answer is xp bonus gone?
Closed Thread