Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 05:35 PM
Large Rat

Default Just starting over!

Back in EQLive I played a druid up to cap in PoP. Had a lot of fun, but not my cup of tea anymore. I generally solo, but love groups for the interactions, if I can find one of course. I prefer DPS as I healed and tanked a lot in EQLive/WoW, so looking for a change of pace. Melee vs range doesnt matter too much to me, though I do not like rangers.

Any advice?
Old 10-15-2015, 02:36 AM
Fire Giant

Top DPS contributors to groups are:
Enchanter (charmed pet, buffs that make everybody do more DPS)
Rogue (Only if you have a tank)
Mage, Necro (pet + spells)
Monk
Warrior
Ranger
Old 10-15-2015, 09:13 AM
Large Rat

How wanted are necros in groups?
Can rogues solo at all?
What about enchanters can they solo? I like both worlds solo and group
Old 10-15-2015, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Rogues can't solo. Necros aren't exactly sought after in groups, but they do fill the DPS role well and they can crowd control in a pinch with screaming terror, undead charm, and root. They are great at support in groups via shadowbond heals / twitches / limited CC.

Enchanters can solo but it's dangerous and you need to be skilled at your class to do it well. They do better when duoing with a cleric or shaman. Necros can solo with ease in a variety of situations.

If you want to play a more-gear-dependent, complex, high skill, high action class that gets groups, pick Enchanter.

If you want the same thing but with slightly less desirability in groups, slightly less gear dependence, slightly less skill level required, and much more margin for error, pick Necromancer.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:12 PM
Large Rat

Hmm. Its really down to Chanter and Necro. I do like the ability to solo somewhat, even if it is difficult.

Are Shaman any good for the above? That was the last idea I had.

I mean Rogue does sound fun to me, but the limitation to being in a group only seems hard, unless the population is good with grouping.
Old 10-16-2015, 04:42 AM
Fire Giant

Pyrocat summed it up very nicely.

If you like melee more, the most soloable melee class is bard. In fact bards can solo incredibly fast, but its repetitious and boring and quite dangerous. Another soloable melee class is monk, followed by SK.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:24 AM
Aviak

as a necromancer leveling up I've found its not easy to get into a group but...once they have you they love you. heals, good dmg, mana feeds, and cc! Invite more necros! sometimes we need a break from solo!!
Old 10-16-2015, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

A lot of players don't understand the utility a well played necro brings to the table. Of course a lot of necros don't either and that is the reason they are not sought after more.

Enchanters can solo very well and as already stated are an excellent addition to groups.

Rogues can solo, but very poorly :/ It is difficult to land back stabs solo and without them rogues are basically squishy warriors. Intimidate can be used to fear kite, but it is extraordinarily unreliable.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:45 AM
Aviak

If you want a different suggestion, wizards are good solo and sought in groups.
Old 10-17-2015, 01:06 PM
Large Rat

Thank you all for the suggestions, I am down to monk and wiz at this point. Gonna just play both a bit and see whats more fun!
Closed Thread