Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 11:09 PM
Fire Giant

Default Niclaus Ressinn and Putrid Bone quest

Chello all

This quest has been bugging me for a while but finally got enough putrid rib bones on eqmac to run through it a couple times.

Here On p1999 all you have to do is turn in Putrid rib bones to niclause resin and get some nice chunks of experience but wrong sized patchwork armor. You get small should be medium ie human can wear. This is not the Correct quest process or reward.

Eqmac Correct quest path.

1. you go to Qeynos temple of rodcet nife and talk to Roesagar Thusten ( he is in the hut with spell merchants) ask him "Who is niclaus ressinn" he will say

Roesager Thusten says "Niclaus Ressinn? have you seen him? He is oen of our paladins who was sent out to investigate the undead sightings in the Qeynos Hills. I have a message from Jahnda for him, But I must continue my own search here in Qeynos. Could you take this to Niclaus? Your Help would be appreciated."

at this point you will have a note to Ressin in your courser. put into a bag

2. Now head out to Qeynos hills and fin Niclaus Ressinn. When you find him hand him the note Roesagar Thursten gave you in step 1.

Niclaus Ressinn wil now say " OH things are becomming Dire here in Norrath. May Rodcet Protect us! I have gathered most of the Evidence that I will need to present to Jhanda. But I could still use your assistance with one Final Piece. I need to Recover a Rib Bone from one of the undead beasts that wander these hills. Be sure that the Rib Bone comes from one of the Putrid Skeletons, they are the spawn of Bertoxxulous. "

3. You now give him the Putrid Rib bone and receive Expierence and some silver and copper and the pouch of Evidence. faction reward is

increase preist of life
increase kights of thunder
increase guards of qeynos
decrease bloodsabers
increase Antonius Bayle

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=87817

4. Run Back to Qeynos Rodcet Nife Temple and hand in pouch of evidence to Priestess Jahnda.

Get expierence gold and silver and Potion of light Healing or Potion of Disease Warding ( my previous info was incorrect check logs and realized I was mistaken, had patchwork armor from another quest from karana temple)

Increase Priest of LIfe
Increase Knights of thunder
Increase Guards of qeynos
Decrease Bloodsabers
Increase Antonius Bayle.

5. NEW ITEM REWARD TO ME on last run . never have seen this in all my Everquest career.

Skullcap of Rodcet Nife

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/i...ml?item=103981

my item on eqmac has

classes: war,clr, pal, rng, dru, mnk, brd, rog, shm,wiz, mag, enchanter
race: ELF , HIE

Garue 48th Level Half Elf Warrior Follower of Karana.
Last edited by Buellen; 08-11-2013 at 10:16 AM..
Old 08-11-2013, 02:43 AM
Fire Giant

updated quest results with correction Light healing potion or Potion of Disease WArding reward NOT patchwork

weird note even though that Potion of Disease Warding has 1 charge like all potions it cannot be used. have tried multiple times to click and activate it with my eqmac toon no go.
Last edited by Buellen; 08-11-2013 at 03:15 AM..
Old 08-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
5. NEW ITEM REWARD TO ME on last run . never have seen this in all my Everquest career.

Skullcap of Rodcet Nife

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/i...ml?item=103981
Not sure about this item. Never heard of it.. and I'm not going to add to array of rewards without more information.

Quote:
updated quest results with correction Light healing potion or Potion of Disease WArding reward NOT patchwork

weird note even though that Potion of Disease Warding has 1 charge like all potions it cannot be used. have tried multiple times to click and activate it with my eqmac toon no go.
Fixed, pending update. Also, the potion of disease warding functions in that same manner on p99.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:43 PM
Fire Giant

heya Nilbog

Not sure how to provide more info. I couldn't find any more on my web searches.

I can show you the item over on my toon on eqmac as I have it still in my inventory.

I was very surprised when I got that item form my last turn in of pouch of evidence.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:20 PM
Fire Giant

some quick thoughts

As the item I have on my druid in eqmac does not have frogs as wearable race then the item was in Everquest database before froglocks where included.

I cannot think of a way confirm if it was in from original release unless I try to talk to one of the guides or gm on live.
Old 12-19-2017, 01:30 PM
Project Manager

With next patch, this quest can (rarely) give skullcap or shield. It's in upcoming patch notes, but I came across this thread, so

Fixed, pending update
Closed Thread