Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

Default Sky Rots Proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halmir
Honestly with the amount of shit that rots we could probably work out some sort of on call system between guilds assuming people have keys.
It's actually kind of ridiculous that no one has thought to do this before. The only issue is making sure that there is a rough equality between who is contributing and who is receiving. So, here is a very simple proposal: we keep track in this thread who has gotten what. Something like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by example1
Bregan D'Aerth: Received: 2, Contributed: 3, Net: +1
Rapture: Received: 3, Contributed: 3, Net: 0
The A-Team: Received: 2, Contributed: 2, Net: 0
So the next A-Team raid we have a rotting ranger haste cloak piece from the Keeper. So we go to the current tally and BDA is the largest net contributor so we ask them first, then Rapture and so on whether they have a keyed ranger who could use it. Let's say they do, so said ranger finds a port, loots his corpse, and picks up his nodrop piece. He then makes a new post updating the current tally:

Quote:
Originally Posted by updated
Ranger 00 of BDA recived piece XXX from The A-Team.

The A-Team: Received: 3, Contributed: 4, Net: +1
Rapture: Received: 3, Contributed: 3, Net: 0
Bregan D'Aerth: Received: 3, Contributed: 3, Net: 0
So now Rapture has some rotting Enchanter shoulders; they check the list and the top guild is the A-Team, etc.

Anyway I'm just throwing this out as a possibility - I'm more than open to suggestions on how to do it more fairly/efficiently. But I do think that considering the current contention over Sky it's ridiculous that we let so much of the loot rot. I know that some of it is just due to certain classes being more common then others and can't be helped, but I still think with some sort of sharing system we'd all come out ahead.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 07-18-2013, 06:12 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I love it. Absolutely love it.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:55 PM
Sarnak

I like it, might be more work than people are willing to do in practice but in concept it seems nice =P

On live our server used the server forums heavily, all the nag/vox kills were public raids as well as hate/fear clears. There was basically a server wide seniority on dragon loot and it seemed to work well.

Just need a server wide effort to not screw it up.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:19 PM
Planar Protector

I think it might be simple enough to, if this is what anyone wants to try to implement, to just make a list of items and who needs them. It will be a first come first serve, so anyone that wants to jump on line can (by making a request to whoever volunteers to be the master of the board).

All this leaves is the initial burst of 5 people for 1 item and all being first. /random, paladin duel, whatever floats your boat. Once that is out of the way it becomes pretty simple. Whoever pms the dude first gets on the list first.

When a guild has extra items, just check the post.

for example

weight of the gods: ektar, ektartwo, ektarfour, ektarthree, getsome

that was the initial rush. ektar won the paladin duel, so he got first. getsome sucks, so he got last.

ONE WEEK LATER...

erana, the best cleric ever, decides she wants a weight of the gods. she pms the MC of the thread. she gets put behind getsome.

(erana is my alt, but we can ofc say no alts, or make a separate alt list that gets auto-behind mains)
Last edited by Ektar; 07-18-2013 at 09:23 PM..
Old 07-18-2013, 11:00 PM
Fire Giant

Is there any way for guildless folk to get in on this sky rot action or do we need to make some friends? =)
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 07-18-2013, 11:48 PM
Planar Protector

make a pickup raid and just bust in and take it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

or more like try really hard to assemble a pick up raid then ask for someone's slot.

or ask if you can tag along with whoever.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:49 PM
Planar Protector

I actually thought about this for a bit before posting.

First, my system requires very little work. Each person who gets an item has to spend only a minute or two making an update with the new pool status. That's even easier than getting ported up to sky and looting stuff. If there is a centralized system, who is going to manage it? Certainly not me.

Second, my system puts loot in the hands of the people that deserve it most. The guild that is contributing to the pool most gets the first shot at stuff, and they can decide who within their guild who gets the pixels. This is far, far, superior to being at the mercy of some first-come first-served list crowded with legions of unguilded players who signed up for free pixels (sorry Kylok. Make some friends!)

Third, my system gives guilds an incentive to contribute to the pool. Hey, even sending a bunch of tells is a certain amount of work - which is probably why no one has done this yet. If you know you are getting points things change.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Last edited by Splorf22; 07-18-2013 at 11:57 PM..
Old 07-19-2013, 12:17 AM
Planar Protector

is a loot from eye of veeshan the same as from gorgalask? not saying to cause problems but there is a lot of stuff you need to sort out in this system. It is better as it is far more complex.

and you can just say no unguilded get in the "official scrap loot" list. they have to do one of the above two (three) suggestions I made for attending a raid
Old 07-19-2013, 01:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ektar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
is a loot from eye of veeshan the same as from gorgalask? not saying to cause problems but there is a lot of stuff you need to sort out in this system. It is better as it is far more complex.

and you can just say no unguilded get in the "official scrap loot" list. they have to do one of the above two (three) suggestions I made for attending a raid
Well I think it fixes itself because if a person is keyed to 7 or 8 (wherever your guild pulls eye to) then it should all be the same.

Cleric shield from Gorg is best in slot outside of VP, eye on the other hand drops nothing good. So for me as a cleric gorg loot > eye loot =P.

As far as guildless people, no.. because you need keys.

Nobody is going to port you up, corpse drag you around, just so you can loot free gear while you go guildless so you can join TMO when you hit 60.

The keys for sky are great because they function as a check ensuring people do not get rots from islands they were not otherwise capable of.

Also, the guilds doing full 1-8 clears would logically get more rots so they will contribute more to the program and thus have a higher probability of their memebers getting a rot.

Honestly Loraen, it sounds like a good system. The only hand up I had was getting people to update it but all you need to do is quote the last post and update..
Old 07-19-2013, 03:04 AM
Fire Giant

I feel like I've been seriously misunderstood here - I was just wondering if this was going to be a guild "in house" type of deal or if I got into a pick up sky raid I'd be eligible for loot that was going to rot anyway. I would never expect someone to port me up to sky and give me free loot. The opportunity to get in on a public sky raid as an unguilded person would be awesome though, always loved me those 12 hour sky raids.
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Closed Thread