Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Default Buffs & level requirements

When did that start? Call me crazy but I remember not being able to cast regrowth/Natureskin on people who werent over a certain level. I remember certain other buffs being like this too, mainly C2. I remember having to mem the lower level skin like nature/Chloroplast when lower levels asked for buffs. Anyone else remember this or when that started?
Old 06-05-2012, 06:27 PM
Banned

Luckily that started post-Velious. I really can't stand artificial, arbitrary ways they came up with to lengthen your play time so you'd have to pay more $$$ basically. That, and recommended and required level on gear, even the no-trade tag is a little iffy.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:03 PM
Planar Protector

Incorrect. Required level for buffs being cast on you was added at Kunark release.

Post-Velious was when you could get around it with group buffs
Old 06-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luckily that started post-Velious. I really can't stand artificial, arbitrary ways they came up with to lengthen your play time so you'd have to pay more $$$ basically. That, and recommended and required level on gear, even the no-trade tag is a little iffy.
REQ/REC was a necessity given the mudflation. I'd sure hate to see what a level 1 would be doing with gear like this.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:02 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyelle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
REQ/REC was a necessity given the mudflation. I'd sure hate to see what a level 1 would be doing with gear like this.
Quote:
HP: +1431 MANA: +1419
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Planar Protector

Ya that belt blows for current content
Old 06-06-2012, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=89540 -- Best item on live still.

But as for the question, that started post Luclin with some exceptions. Shit like Ranger buffs couldn't land on lower levels for some reason but the druid versions even at the same splell level and a better spell would land.

Late PoP or mabye it was GoD... they nerfed out that stuff so that you needed level 46 to receive buffs that had a spell level over 50.

If you played on Firiona Vie they had a similar system that you mention except it was special ruleset.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

It wasn't something to worry about until after the MGB AAs were in the game, which is beyond the scope of this server.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:15 PM
Banned

So Koros, HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM APPLES?
Old 06-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
>Best item on Live
>Revamp of a Velious item/quest that even required completion of the Velious version to do the Underfoot version.

Why does that not surprise me? SoE could have made modern EQ so much better if they did more like this. Or this. Or this. Or this and this and this. This too. This was also a step in the right direction. But instead we got more of this.
Closed Thread