Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 02:48 AM
Sarnak

Default Path of Thule Halloween event

Hello. I would like to express my gratitude and thanks to the p99 team and community for a great experience and event. I thought the lore/roleplayinng behind the event was cool, and it was nice to have a quest sending me to, and witnessing alot of players visiting different zones in a hectic mad dash for the npcs and items. I was in a group with a druid, we were helping people get around the world and complete the tasks. I felt like it was a good social thing, I made some friends, and there was some great teamwork involved. However after getting to the Kael stage, it became apparent the quest was a real challenge, and I thought that was nice. I spent alot of time in kael dragging corpses, and helping people get to the npc with invis and whatnot. I wasnt expecting a great reward for the event, but just wanted the satisfaction of knowing i completed it. I figured somthing like this only comes around once a year so what the heck. After de lvling in kael and finaly getting the item with my group - i recieve the serverwide message that was an appology for "bad rewards" and notifying everyone that the npcs have been "deactivated". I thougtht this was curious and strange as i was on the FINAL ITEM, and the message stated there would be another event on Sunday. I do not know why the event wasnt just continued throughout the weekend. I wasnt even upset, more just shocked that it was simply shut down. It would have been one thing for the event to end in a lore like fashion, maybe a message like "The strange creater in kithicor has subsited to the nether realm... It shall return next halloween!. Instead it was "Im sorry the event rewards were bad we are pulling the plug". I spent hours and hours doing this quest, and had i not taken the time to help people with it, I would have completed it. Anyway this is not a rant or a flame of any kind. Im not even upset more in shock that it ended like it did. Im just dissapointed that all this time was invested into this event that was intented to promote a healthy community, and teamwork. That was the essence of what i was trying to cultivate when working with my group. Im all about the cruel punishing classic eq style of play - but this feels strange, like a big troll/inside dev joke. I remember Verant's events were pretty cool and never ended in a cruel punishing joking manner. I really enjoy p99, but this is strange. Anyway, thanks for the great memories, I love the GMs and everyone on the server. Like I said alot of people were complaining about the rewards - wasnt expecting anything like that - maybe a token or item i could keep in the bank to associate the memories with, but its all good. Instead i got an appologie and a "your quest has been deactivated"message. Mad props for organizing somthing like this but shame on you. Shame on you. Don't be afraid to respond to this post with somthing real. Thanks and have a wonderful weekend! -Knowmercy XOXO
Old 11-03-2015, 05:27 AM
Kobold

sounds weak. responding because you have no other posts. poor guy.
I hope you experience a better GM event in the future.

when I was playing I got to see THOUSANDS of Orcs invade Kelethin and got to participate in a Fishing Tournament held by the Master Baiter in TD. stick around long enough and I'm sure you'll get to experience a GM event that doesn't sound like the finale was so shitty.

good luck Knowmercy!
Old 11-03-2015, 05:47 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

nobody got time to read that shit
Old 11-03-2015, 06:01 AM
Sarnak

@ smilkers - aye first post, im new. just like you were once. Thanks for responding with somthing real. That event sounds awesome! looking forward to somthing like that in the future, makes me feel good inside :P

@ champion - you have time for that, thanks for responding with somthing with soul and keeping to the helpful/fun spirit of these forums :P
Old 11-03-2015, 06:11 AM
Sarnak

Anyone else have any epic/fun event memories? Ide love to hear about them
Old 11-03-2015, 12:54 PM
Kobold

I remember the first year I played there was a large event. it would trigger in different zones. In particular i remember the Karanas full of werewolves and eyes. Lots of players /ooc'ing such and such corpse has such and such item on it come get it.

I also remember as a druid I made my very first 1K that weekend porting people from zone to zone. I remember just staring at my bank thinking. "I can't believe I actually have 1K plat !"
Old 11-03-2015, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

I like ur style OP
Old 11-03-2015, 01:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowmercy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello. I would like to express my gratitude and thanks to the p99 team and community for a great experience and event. I thought the lore/roleplaying behind the event was cool, and it was nice to have a quest sending me to, and witnessing a lot of players visiting, different zones in a hectic and mad dash for the NPCs and items.

I was in a group with a druid, we were helping people get around the world and complete the tasks. I felt like it was a good social thing, I made some friends, and there was some great teamwork involved.

However after getting to the Kael stage, it became apparent the quest was a real challenge, and I thought that was nice. I spent alot of time in Kael dragging corpses, and helping people get to the NPC with invis and whatnot. I wasn't expecting a great reward for the event, but just wanted the satisfaction of knowing i completed it. I figured something like this only comes around once a year so what the heck.

After de-leveling in Kael and finally getting the item with my group - i receive the server-wide message that was an apology for "bad rewards" and notifying everyone that the NPCs have been "deactivated". I thought this was curious and strange as i was on the FINAL ITEM, and the message stated there would be another event on Sunday.

I do not know why the event wasn't just continued throughout the weekend. I wasn't even upset, more just shocked that it was simply shut down. It would have been one thing for the event to end in a lore like fashion, maybe a message like "The strange ceature in Kithicor has exited to the nether realm... It shall return next halloween!. Instead it was "Im sorry the event rewards were bad we are pulling the plug". I spent hours and hours doing this quest, and had i not taken the time to help people with it, I would have completed it.

Anyway this is not a rant or a flame of any kind. I'm not even upset more in shock that it ended like it did. I'm just disappointed that all this time was invested into this event that was intended to promote a healthy community, and teamwork. That was the essence of what i was trying to cultivate when working with my group.

I'm all about the cruel punishing classic eq style of play - but this feels strange, like a big troll/inside dev joke. I remember Verant's events were pretty cool and never ended in a cruel punishing joking manner. I really enjoy p99, but this is strange.

Anyway, thanks for the great memories, I love the GMs and everyone on the server. Like I said a lot of people were complaining about the rewards - wasn't expecting anything like that - maybe a token or item i could keep in the bank to associate the memories with, but it's all good. Instead i got an apology and a "your quest has been deactivated"message.

Mad props for organizing something like this but shame on you. Shame on you. Don't be afraid to respond to this post with something real. Thanks and have a wonderful weekend! -Knowmercy XOXO
^ i tried to make some sense out of this, but jesus christ wtf op
Old 11-03-2015, 02:03 PM
Fire Giant

tldr wall of nothing
Old 11-03-2015, 03:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember the first year I played there was a large event. it would trigger in different zones. In particular i remember the Karanas full of werewolves and eyes. Lots of players /ooc'ing such and such corpse has such and such item on it come get it.

I also remember as a druid I made my very first 1K that weekend porting people from zone to zone. I remember just staring at my bank thinking. "I can't believe I actually have 1K plat !"
Holy shit!.. i remember that event in the karanas way the hell back, with the unique items and whatnot, that was really cool - people shouting out all the locs and frantically trying to find them before they rotted and beat the other players to them while shaking adds. I remember looting an item then dieing seconds later, was totally worth it. Was before you could link items i believe, so it was a surprise to see what you would find. Thats another thing i love about p99, little tidbits pop into my head i haven't thought about in 10+ years! The nostalgia is real.

I cant think of any others atm but im sure there were more, and im hopeful for some sweet ones in the future :P

thanks for the reply, lets get smore!
Closed Thread