Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 09:36 AM
Large Rat

Question What Class Does This Group Need?

Hi All,

My friends and I are old Classic EQ players finally joining P1999! We are a casual/exp group that will play probably once a week (darned Real Life conflicts).

Everyone else has started already and created their characters. The group composition is currently:

Warrior
Monk
Cleric
Enchanter
Druid

I'm expecting my Titanium disks to arrive tomorrow. So...any suggestions as to what class I should play in this group? I keep going back and forth between Rogue, Bard, Shaman, Wizard, or Magician.....but I'm open to suggestions.

Thank you for your advice, and I look forward to rediscovering the amazing world of Norrath!
Old 01-13-2016, 04:18 PM
Kobold

I want to say Shaman, but with the Druid already having off-heals and regen, that just puts the shaman on slow debuff and melee buffing duty.

A Rogue would be my second choice for the sake of DPS. More DPS = Faster levelling.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Magician.

Malo, pet weapons for chanter charmed pet, secondary pet for DPS, CotH for pulling and traveling quicker, mod rods for drawn out fights on cleric.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

enchanter can slow and do the haste buffs so no shaman needed

id do rogue or something weird like a ranger since having a perma group is one of the most fun leveling experiences in the game plus youll always have a group for your ranger
Last edited by Erati; 01-13-2016 at 04:33 PM..
Old 01-13-2016, 04:30 PM
Sarnak

Ranger.

But seriously, Rogue.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

You already have a Warrior, Monk, Enchanter, and Cleric. You could be AFK the entire time and the group would work just fine. Just don't pick wizard, a terrible XP group class.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You already have a Warrior, Monk, Enchanter, and Cleric. You could be AFK the entire time and the group would work just fine. Just don't pick wizard, a terrible XP group class.
this is why rogue would be baller - just sneak/hide around, backstabbing solo pulls the monk brings in

if you ever manage to get a fungi - your rogue will rarely need any kind of healing in groups
Old 01-13-2016, 04:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Magician.

Malo, pet weapons for chanter charmed pet, secondary pet for DPS, CotH for pulling and traveling quicker, mod rods for drawn out fights on cleric.
I agree with Daldaen. Mages are excellent sustained DPS and add plenty of utility down the road.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:39 PM
Banned

Rogue for min max

Literally anything will be fine. You have a super strong group comp. Warrior cleric enc on it's own is godlike.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

You could play literally anything, since you already have Tank, Puller, CC + Haste + Slows, Heals, Ports.

If you roll shaman, you'd take a load off the enchanter (slows, stat buffs) and let the druid DPS a bit more.

If you roll a dps class, you have plenty of options (rogue, magician, ranger, monk, ~wizard).

There are hybrid dps/utility classes that would be fine additions (necro and bard, both have tons of utility, +mana regen, can deal moderate dps in groups)

You could roll a hybrid tank (paladin/sk) for snap aggro

So really, you are in the unique spot to pick literally any class and roll with it. Playstyle wise, the best DPS classes for groups (Rogue and Magician) are pretty simple to play. If you want something more complicated or with more utility, you'll be looking at rangers, bards, necros.
Closed Thread