Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 06:12 AM
Planar Protector

Exclamation 2 in the morning then 2 in the afternoon.. pf pf pfff

Get this, new study on pot smokin:

New Study Shows Marijuana Can Alter DNA, Create Mutations (short article)

"Through our research we found that cancers and illnesses were likely caused by cell mutations resulting from cannabis properties having a chemical interaction with a person's DNA," researcher Stuart Reece of the University of Western Australia said in a news release, the IBT Australia reports."

And they are saying that it can be passed onto your kids for generations. And not just from daily use, but even from limited use. So how's if feel to be a mutant? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I wonder what type they were using, all this new stuff is friggen strong from what I hear. 20-30 years ago it was pretty weak (yes fist hand exp :P back then anyway), had to use a lot to get a real effect, it was mostly mild. Some say it's GMO weed now, but no proof provided... though that may be difficult to provide if done years ago in secret labs.

I <3 Jim Beam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2016, 06:32 AM
Fire Giant

I just got a dui smoking weed. They are afraid
Kittens Who Say Meow / Asgard / The Mystical Order / Forsaken / Aftermath
Sacrifice*P99G*
[] Tunare 2000+ Kabijito [] FippyDarkpaw TLP Radda []
Old 05-25-2016, 07:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by radda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just got a dui smoking weed. They are afraid
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2016, 10:43 AM
Banned

oi mate ozzy medical studies are of dubious value on this topic
Old 05-25-2016, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

What about some of the shit that comes out of people's car exhausts?
Old 05-25-2016, 10:54 AM
Sarnak

all it says is that cannabis alters DNA structure and can cause cell mutations

but not all cell mutations are bad, the article just fear mongers and states how some cell mutation can cause cancer.

Quote:
Mutations are rarely harmful though. Indeed, most mutations go unnoticed, as the body has mechanisms to stop a cell copying itself when a mutation occurs. Sometimes mutations can even benefit organisms and promote diversity in a species. When a mutation allows an organism to cope better with an environmental stress, it will be passed on to future generations through natural selection.
so everyone should smoke weed and pass on super powers to your children
Old 05-25-2016, 11:25 AM
Banned

global science at one point declared asbestos a wonder product that had near unlimited applications, except it wasn't and is just too expensive to remove in many cases, so it just sits there and does its thing

http://www.asbestos.com/asbestos/

Mesothelioma is a rare and aggressive cancer – diagnosed in an estimated 3,000 Americans annually – caused almost exclusively by asbestos exposure. It involves the thin lining that surrounds organs in the chest and abdomen and kills an American every 3.4 hours.

/shrug
Old 05-25-2016, 11:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
There still are an estimated 3,000 cases of mesothelioma diagnosed annually in the U.S.
So were more likely to commit suicide from being trans then die from mesothelioma (very slowly) from asbestos exposure decades ago?

I'm not saying asbestos is safe, or should be lauded as such, or used in an industrial way. But it's not as bad as it could be. Smoking just about anything and charing your lungs with excess pollutants is just about worse then very minimal exposure to asbestos.

Sadly people are dumb, and won't wear resperators or rebreathers while performing demolition. And my aunts are just as bad holy shit, they are dumb when they remodel and have no clue what the fuck they are exposing themselves to.

Pot isn't that great, but it could be worse. I wouldn't expect any likely beneficial mutations. There's better sources of DMT then ganja.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maerilith [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So were more likely to commit suicide from being trans then die from mesothelioma (very slowly) from asbestos exposure decades ago?

I'm not saying asbestos is safe, or should be lauded as such, or used in an industrial way. But it's not as bad as it could be. Smoking just about anything and charing your lungs with excess pollutants is just about worse then very minimal exposure to asbestos.

Sadly people are dumb, and won't wear resperators or rebreathers while performing demolition. And my aunts are just as bad holy shit, they are dumb when they remodel and have no clue what the fuck they are exposing themselves to.

Pot isn't that great, but it could be worse. I wouldn't expect any likely beneficial mutations. There's better sources of DMT then ganja.
You are a moron. Asbestos never leaves your lungs once it enters. Breathing "a little" is way more harmful than inhaling some smoke.

As far as trans and suicide what do you expect when being trans is a symptom of a mental disorder.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:57 AM
Banned

your probably going to hemorage from drinking too much koolaid

yes asbestos is nasty and horrible, i didn't deny that, or downlplay the fact that your likely to die many years after exposure to just a small # of particles. just analyzing the stats from two articles and comparing them, both of which could be considered somewhat subjective or biased.

but rather then say what I just said, u got #mad
Closed Thread