Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 03:48 PM
Fire Giant

Default Hi pals

Been a long time since I have been on EQBox, kinda got the itch today looking at old raid screenshots. I have also been informed our guild is no longer a thing and I don't recognize any names anymore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] How's ole Blue doin these days? I think when I last played raid rotations were in a loose-agreement state and we were voting on GM posts on how to do it, how'd that end up shaking out?
Old 07-25-2016, 05:32 PM
Planar Protector

We all went to red
Old 07-27-2016, 12:00 AM
Fire Giant

yeah, wasnt surprised to see the same 90 people still going hard on Red
Old 07-27-2016, 12:06 PM
Fire Giant

You quit right before we started kicking ass in class R. Missed all the fun.
Old 07-29-2016, 06:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They split into Class C (the hardcores), and Class R (the casuals supposedly)

Class C worked fairly well I think.

Class R turned into a "who can zerg the hardest" competition. Then when there were too many casuals... or shall we say, when the zerg casual guilds (BDA/Taken) refused to step up to Class C it turned to shit.

Worse still, BDA decided to try and redefine the rotation for more pixels for themselves while simultaneously shutting out the true casual guilds that Class R was meant to be. That went well for them, but we lost some good growing guilds like Moonlight Crusaders, Supremacy and a couple of others who were "too casual" for the casual tier... basically because Chest needed to feed 100+ raiders and decided to roadblock it with "Gorenaire" as a test mob for entry. Everyone knows Gore isn't easy for a small casual guild, so the whole thing folded.

Following that, BDA and Taken helped themselves to 1 in every 3 Class R Kunark dragons, leaving only 1 competitive dragon per cycle of 3 for other guilds. Europa, Omni and Azure Guard followed the zerg meta and teamed up for a lot of these...while Divinity slid away a bit and lost numbers.

Then Velious hit, BDA couldn't contest, lost a bunch of members who saw the writing on the wall...threw their toys out of the pram and went to a Daybreak run TLP server where they can farm as many instanced pixels as they like. I'll let them tell you about that, they enjoy giving updates. I think their dedicated RNF thread is their guild website or something. Have a look in there for the latest <3
Swish coming in with a Swish quality answer haha. How you been bud? Last I saw you we were like level 6 in GFay on Red Kunark launch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And to Elzhi's point, I just couldn't do it anymore. It didn't feel like a video game, I'd just get on and answer tells for hours about potential raid schedule spots. I know Indig kind of came out of nowhere and a lot of the competitive guilds wanted to swallow us up to help them stare at walls and zerg batphone calls. But having come back and hit the ground running with Super Friends I am happy with all the work we put in, we found the sweet spot for casuals who can raid. Server seems healthy enough, although I miss it when it was chaos 24/7