Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 05:15 PM
Orc

Default Any guides out there to help me get started?

I am not new to Online gaming and I realize EQ was pretty hardcore back then.

Back in 1999 I had made a decision to go with Asherons Call and not EQ, after a few years I dabbled in EQ a bit, but never made it very far. I cant remember why I stopped playing it, I think it was because EQ 2 came out which I played.

Long story short.. I logged into EQ last night and I couldn't even kill a bat! lol I realize this is the old version of EQ and figured I would inquire about guides for this state of the game and avoid confusion. I rolled a Necro and I have no weapons, I was able to find a trainer but I cannot find any spells or weapons (I have zero cash)..I feel like I am missing a starting point.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:41 PM
Fire Giant

http://wiki.project1999.com/
Old 01-23-2017, 09:51 PM
Orc

Welcome back to EQ. Gumbo's link will give you all the info you need to get started. Necro is by and large a solo class, a great one really, but they can also contribute to a group. Much more so than what many ppl say. You only need like 5 kills to reach lvl 2. You should have started with a dagger and 2 lvl 1 spells in your inventory when you created your toon. If not it may be a glitch? Roll the toon again to see what happens.
As for a guild, try the guild forum. There's some that will recruit you right away. Don't be afraid though to send tells to other players in zone. Many on EQ are very helpful, they may even hook you up with some items and maybe some plat to get started.
Good luck bro and have fun.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:59 PM
Planar Protector

You are not missing anything. This is how it all began. Rags to Riches. Use the wiki it's a big help.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Closed Thread