Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 06-07-2024, 02:39 PM
Orc

Default Dealing with Summoning Mobs on Druid

Any tricks to soloing mobs that can summon on druid without a pet? I have tried in Seb to root, put back into corner and start casting say Winged Death and when summoned, just back up till in corner again and hope spell completes since i am back in same spot.
Any items or druid spells to help with soloing summoning mobs?

Bonus question, any way to use bear pet successfully against higher 50+ level mobs? Thinking have to be some kind of melee with a self ds (heals when can) and have bear on other side attacking? Just don't think it will do enough dmg to make it worth it.
Old 06-07-2024, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any tricks to soloing mobs that can summon on druid without a pet? I have tried in Seb to root, put back into corner and start casting say Winged Death and when summoned, just back up till in corner again and hope spell completes since i am back in same spot.
Any items or druid spells to help with soloing summoning mobs?

Bonus question, any way to use bear pet successfully against higher 50+ level mobs? Thinking have to be some kind of melee with a self ds (heals when can) and have bear on other side attacking? Just don't think it will do enough dmg to make it worth it.
Blind kiting with Bio Orb can work. Blind fears mobs when there are no targets in melee range, and it works on mobs above level 55. This will prevent summoning and casting. Bio Orb blind only lasts like 36 seconds, so you do need to reapply it often.

You can slowly DoT kill things this way if you have a free damage clickie like Druid Epic.

You can also use a pet to stop the mob from running if you need to. The blinded mob will attack the pet, and won't summon you.
Old 06-08-2024, 12:08 AM
Sarnak

Pheidippedes has some cool druid solo videos on youtube. This one shows him soloing the necrosis scarab in seb ng, root rotting and stepping out every summon. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUGH7qlnnH4 If you check the channel he has some impressive videos killing stronger targets in Chardok using a pet.

You're right the corner trick should work but he is just starting the cast as soon as he steps out of melee range -- summon is an ~11 second timer.
Old 06-08-2024, 10:46 AM
Orc

Yes I have watched a lot of his, very impressive. I think he has a few items he swaps out at times but was hard to see on video.

Druids do get Sunbeam at level 24 that is an Targeted AOE blind, wonder if that might help to interrupt summoning but at spell level 24 might get resisted a lot.
Old 06-08-2024, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes I have watched a lot of his, very impressive. I think he has a few items he swaps out at times but was hard to see on video.

Druids do get Sunbeam at level 24 that is an Targeted AOE blind, wonder if that might help to interrupt summoning but at spell level 24 might get resisted a lot.
Spell level doesn't affect resist rate on P99 as far as I know.

Sunbeam can work, but it's only useable outside I think.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-08-2024 at 10:54 AM..
Old 06-08-2024, 01:13 PM
Orc

Yes it is, all of our good spells seem to have that limitation, wonder how can use in maybe KC.
Old 06-10-2024, 07:13 AM
Planar Protector

Why?

Bear pits exist.

Play an enchanter if you want to solo farm summoning targets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 06-10-2024, 10:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why?

Bear pits exist.

Play an enchanter if you want to solo farm summoning targets.
Some people like playing the game with different classes.
Old 06-11-2024, 11:52 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blind kiting with Bio Orb can work. Blind fears mobs when there are no targets in melee range, and it works on mobs above level 55. This will prevent summoning and casting. Bio Orb blind only lasts like 36 seconds, so you do need to reapply it often.

You can slowly DoT kill things this way if you have a free damage clickie like Druid Epic.

You can also use a pet to stop the mob from running if you need to. The blinded mob will attack the pet, and won't summon you.
Does this trick work with the mob rooted? never tested bio orb/blind with rooting at the same time, wonder if its like fear where the mob basically ignores fear if rooted and returns its focus on you or if they still act feared but just stuck in one place.

Could be super OP if you can root/blind and prevent the mob from casting/summoning while the are immobilized too.
Old 06-11-2024, 02:30 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Send a message via ICQ to elsiemay Send a message via AIM to elsiemay Send a message via Yahoo to elsiemay
Default Optimal Сasual Dating - Verified Ladies

Connect casually with like-minded individuals on the ultimate dating platform.
Authentic Maidens
Unsurpassed casual Dating