Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 09:50 PM
Aviak

Default A few questions please..

Hello trying to get a grasp on what i want to do on this server. Back in the day i started right after kunark came out and quit right when eq2 went live.(fu ngruk for bailing on me in 2 games) Anyways when i played eq1 i played a monk got her to about 51 played endless stream of alts of various levels but never reached max level never raided never really did anything. It was my first mmorpg and i had no clue wtf i was doing.Fast foward some years and tons of mmorpgs under my belt im want to figure out how best to approach p99. I would love to raid but i see from the forums that unless you poopsock and are in pretty much 1 of 2 raids thats impossible. I like to heal in these games and i rolled a cleric but at lvl 10 im finding it impossible to solo and groups seem hard to find. So heres what im basicly asking..

What class to get to max level untwinked the fastest?
Which class would be good to basicly at max level tuen into a plat farmer to fund my Baggy?
And finnaly, Is the raid situation as locked down as it seems from the forums? are once i get to max will i be able to find raids even if they are a tier behind?(if that how it even works in eq raids)

Thank you for your input i know by this time you all probaly despise complete noobs but i have a thick skin and will weed out the flames and gleen good advice. thank you.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

You don't have to raid the content as soon as it's released to raid. There are lots of raiding guilds that are more casual and less blah, like Vesica Dei and Wudan.

And if you want to heal, you should probably consider continuing leveling with the cleric. There are lots of groups on Blue99 if you look in the right places. I leveled a cleric there, and finding groups was not at all difficult. If you're really wanting things to be easy though, and want to farm cash and gear to fund other characters, you should go with a solo class. Druid, mage, wizard, enchanter and necro will all do. And druid is the second best healer in the game, which is a plus (though they still pale in comparison to clerics).

But since you're just starting out, why not wait for the new pvp server that is releasing early november? Equal footing with all the other people, LOTS of low level groups I imagine and a richer gaming experience.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softcore PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But since you're just starting out, why not wait for the new pvp server that is releasing early november? Equal footing with all the other people, LOTS of low level groups I imagine and a richer gaming experience.
because he doesn't want to be raped by power gamers whenever he goes to orc 1?
Old 10-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because he doesn't want to be raped by power gamers whenever he goes to orc 1?
That's hardly been my experience on red servers. But hey, let's not ruin this thread with this, ok? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-22-2011, 10:31 PM
Aviak

pvp has never been my thing in any game im terrible at it..always been very good at pve but terrible at pvp
Old 10-22-2011, 10:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynclover [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pvp has never been my thing in any game im terrible at it..always been very good at pve but terrible at pvp
Then I really do suggest the guilds I mentioned in my first reply. They're both blue, and they raid without the drama TR and TMO do [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-22-2011, 10:40 PM
Aviak

sounds good looks like ill just stick to baggy and try harder to get groups..now if i can figure out why im dcing ever minute all of th sudden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-22-2011, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

It's impossible to be good at pve and bad at pvp.

It's the same game.

lol wut
Old 10-22-2011, 11:26 PM
Aviak

not really pve is scripted pvp is players who act in all sorts of ways
Old 10-22-2011, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softcore PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then I really do suggest the guilds I mentioned in my first reply. They're both blue, and they raid without the drama TR and TMO do [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
VD = TR = VD now

Kolored on Red.

Closed Thread