Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

Default Faction for Lady Gelistial

Lady Gelistial, who gives out the Crest of the Unicorn quest, currently cons threatening to me (Tunare druid). I had another druid take a look as well and it is the same story. We both thought we were indifferent at best to the unicorns before (not invised, of course), but it seems we ended up dropping to threatening, possibly after hunting panthers. Neither of us have killed any unicorns. (The unicorns are all threatening, too.)

There's no info or commentary on how she regards others by default. Here is what I know after some research:

The white unicorns are on Gelistial faction.
The black unicorns are on Lithiniath faction.
The unicorns should be indifferent to just about everyone (at least starting out).
No mention of killing unicorns just to talk to Lady Gelistial has been made anywhere.

Quote:
May 08 2001 at 1:11 PM
Vorticon
Scholar
19 posts

The white ones are of the level indicated, and yes, they are highly magic resistant. At lvl 52, my necro was lucky enough to get off one darkness, and splurt and envenomed bolt hit well enough, but after that, everything was resisted. Hits in the 80s. Seems they're indifferent to just about everyone, even people with bad Tunarean Court faction. The black ones seem to be a higher level, close to lvl 40, and are just as, if not more, magic resistant.
(http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=5667)

I suspect Lady Gelistial should be on Tunarean Court faction like the other NPCs, or at least indifferent to most, but I can't find any solid info supporting that. I have not tried to kill any unicorns to see if they give faction hits.
Old 12-12-2015, 03:52 PM
Project Manager

Gelistial is currently on Gelistial faction. Probably needs to be killed on eqlive.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Lady Gelistial should be on her own faction, but should be indifferent to everyone rather than threateningly. They are all still threateningly.

I've just killed some white unicorns and they give positive Gelistial faction hits, which is incorrect. White unicorns should give negative Gelistial, positive Lithiniath, while black unicorns are the opposite. Haven't found any black ones to murder just yet.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 03-25-2016, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

Just killed a black unicorn and got the same hits (Positive Gelistial, negative Lithiniath), which is correct.

The white unicorns should have those hits swapped since Gelistial is all the white unicorns while Lithiniath is all the black unicorns.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 03-27-2016, 06:46 PM
Sarnak

Gelistial and the unicorns (white) all conned indifferent to test characters I made on live. Here are her hits, and the unicorn hits.

Lady Gelistial

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Unicorn

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-28-2016, 01:50 PM
Project Manager

Fixed, pending update
Closed Thread