Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 04:31 AM
Fire Giant

Default Necro book from hate that good?

Got a 55 necro, Probably won't be taking him to 59 60 for a few months. But not really familiar with class focus items, How much of a difference would a 53 necro or 59 EoT pet be with this? I see some shamans, sometimes necros that resummon pets multiple times(mostly ones without books) to try and get the highest level pet that hits max damage. If I were to take my necro to 60, would the focus book REALLY make a difference. It does +1 level to the pet? so a few damage, hp extra at most?

Just curious if I should bother to pick one up on my necro, On a off note any suggestions for a semi cheap mainhand? I have a drachnid thyxl ready to go offhand, but currently using a chetari wardstaff. Sorc bowl seems to be the best option atm for around 5k, I didn't realize til today it had 50hp also.

I really do want to take him to 60, but I want to finish up his VP key to loot a soul well staff(did this with my last necro, and even at 60 let alone sub 60 its godly for exping) that way I can go charm down in HS basement solo some exp up. I am thinking with staff of undead legions being lootable again and the fact I have 4 of them, and probably 2x as many dawnfires I could tear through it and just re loot them when I am done.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:35 AM
Banned

focus item is not a major game changer
Old 05-07-2016, 12:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
focus item is not a major game changer
this guy hasn't played a char past 40

its a game changer like all other items in game

a necro with book would win if it was pet vs pet

it adds hp a ll dmg its a must have for any necro worth a shit

if your getting a vp key and you don't get necro book from hate, lol just lol you lazy or bad? prob both but do what you want its your game
Old 05-08-2016, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

if your getting a vp key and you don't get necro book from hate, lol just lol you lazy or bad? prob both but do what you want its your game
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-13-2016, 11:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

its not a game changer

pet vs pet is never relevant, not even on PVP

the hp and damage it adds, are not gamechangers because they will literally allow you to do 0 mobs you could not before

calling people lazy for not investing time in a hard to attain item which has very little impact?

keep on being pro
Old 05-08-2016, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Focus items are a must have for Necros & Mages. I don't leave home without mine.

The HP buff it gives your pet is hands down worth it.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-13-2016, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Focus items are a must have for Necros & Mages. I don't leave home without mine.

The HP buff it gives your pet is hands down worth it.
necros and mages do not have the same playstyle, focus effects don't have the same impact

having your pet straight up tank mobs is a weak strategy on necromancers, which gets worse as you level up

necromancer pet total hp is rarely relevant, its not like necros have real means to fast-heal their pets

if you aren't fear/aggro kiting, root-rotting, charming or grouping, you are doing it wrong

if it can't be done right, you in the wrong spot
Old 05-13-2016, 06:34 AM
Kobold

It boosts your 59lvl pets hp for about 600 and dps for about 10. You can yourself figure out if its worth the trouble or not.
Old 05-14-2016, 07:10 PM
Sarnak

some mobs can't be feared and/or summon. Book is nice.
Old 05-14-2016, 10:02 PM
Sarnak

Book is definately nice but charming is so much better than our weakling pets... absolutely in no way a game changer like the above poster mentions (he must not understand the power of charm).
Closed Thread