Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 04:54 PM
Fire Giant

Question EverQuest Pet Peeves + Rage

Is there anything that, if it happens, puts you from a calm peaceful state into full out shouting hell fire at your monitor?

Or even more minor just little things that bother you. When I'm looking at other people's screenshots I realized I get massively annoyed when people have a UI with the windows not touching because its wasting screen space. Then I realized I'm stupid and its none of my business, its just something that bothers me.

As far as game play, what are your pet peeves?

-Possible Examples-

24+ shaman medding with full hp
Bard healing the group without an instrument out of combat

The only thing I can think that enrages me is when a low blue mob root breaks early (1 in 50 times maybe?). When it happens I rage a bit excessively. Sorta curious if anyone out there has anything I might be guilty of!
Old 12-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Powerlevelers turning up in popular zones to grind when there's already few mobs to kill (Unrest/MM/CoM/etc). Not worth their time, and ruining everyone else's time as well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-12-2013, 07:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Powerlevelers turning up in popular zones to grind when there's already few mobs to kill (Unrest/MM/CoM/etc). Not worth their time, and ruining everyone else's time as well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man you hit that shit right on the head. This shit makes me RAGE. I can't even tell you how many jackasses I have made realize how fucking ridiculous and stupid they are for trying to PL in MM and Unrest. What kind of shit fuck of a person goes to packed zones to power level? I mean fucking seriously, go to runnyeye or some shit you prick.

Bah, just responding to this has me fired up about it.

Another thing that really grinds my gears is when people send me 5000+ tells while I am grouped with them about fucking buffs. Usually in that scenario I am the main healer or tank so my mana is pretty tied up with keeping everyone alive so when I have to buff some idiot that won't shut up it fucks everything up.

BLUE
46 Warrior - Elkantor, 35 Shadowknight - Geldriia, 46 Enchanter - Shebreeze
Old 12-12-2013, 05:16 PM
Fire Giant

it annoys me seeing melee 2HB. it looks like an old geezer trying to guard himself from a dog with a broom. 2HB should look like 2HS or more like a baseball swing. verant fucked up pretty bad there...and thats why i retired my monk!

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Old 12-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by diplo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it annoys me seeing melee 2HB. it looks like an old geezer trying to guard himself from a dog with a broom...
lol, now I'll think that every time I see it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT: Also why was the animation for iksar 2h slash weapons so terrible?... like they're knocking something sideways...
Last edited by Swish; 12-12-2013 at 06:36 PM..
Old 12-12-2013, 06:36 PM
Fire Giant

People (pooples) who ask for Avatar to be kept on them and don't leave a buff slot open for it.

If it happens once, I ask nicely. If it happens a second time, I usually start buffing random group members with it.

So, if you're a robe in my group and suddenly have Avatar, it's cause we're grouped with a fuck-up of a melee. I'd rather blow an emerald on casting it on a wizard than I would casting it on a needy rogue who can't figure out how to click off Grim Aura.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol, now I'll think that every time I see it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

EDIT: Also why was the animation for iksar 2h slash weapons so terrible?... like they're knocking something sideways...
Shorty females swing 2h through their head in an extreme suicide attempt, that ones pretty bad

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 12-12-2013, 05:16 PM
Sarnak

People who say "hon".
Old 12-12-2013, 05:30 PM
Kobold

Hi, I'm a rogue.

Behind mob, mob begins to flee, smash backstab button... pierce mob.

Sneak behind unengaged roaming mob, smash backstab button... nothing happens, but no longer hidden and hide/backstab on cooldown. Mob turns around.

Attempt to sneak explore Sol A. Get smacked by random green con wizard mob.

Attempt to sneak-bank in overthere (kos halfling). General waltzes in like its cool. Train blob of dragoons to skyfire (got lucky, he decided to cast shitty spells rather than perform a coup-de-gras on ye olde halfling).

Kiting mob. Mob a mile away.
Mob Bashes you for whatever. You are stunned! (yes. Yes I was)

On corpse recovery. On OOT boat, middle of nowhere.
Linkdeath, followed by actual rage.

vvvvvvvv AND FUCKING THAT.
Last edited by Xelris; 12-12-2013 at 05:36 PM..
Old 12-12-2013, 05:25 PM
Planar Protector

Never raged in traffic.
Never raged over a video game.
Don't sweat the small stuff.

But people who do things like purposely, maliciously train others for any reason deserve for their hard drives to explode.
Closed Thread