Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 12:02 PM
Sarnak

Default Poopdick...Asspiss?

Seriously guys? How old are you? Do we really have to have people on the server running around with names like Poopdick or Halos Asspiss?

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1057

Read the rules and get rid of the names.

It amazes me what people will run around with above their heads. I thought when you created a character, there was some kind of name filter to catch these guys.

Grow up...
Old 08-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Yep

Saw that yesterday in Nek, Poopsquat or something like that. WTF kiddies
Old 08-02-2010, 01:02 PM
Kobold

The easy mode evolution of MMO's corrupted and turned model players to callused dumb fucks just to keep up with the buffoonery. It's like living in a house for years to living in a septic tank and adapting to your surroundings. Think of Gollum getting the ring of power.

I know a few people that played on Live back in the day, their persona is entirely different now. It went from playing a valiant character you were proud to play, in game conduct was one which reflected the person playing the character to "LoL Pew Pew Pew, I'm roxxors nub, fuck newfags I am DickLancer ButtBoner, lulz, brb to troll moar"
Old 08-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Fire Giant

Do any guides look at the names anymore? It seems that half of the names on this server would never have made it in Classic.

I'm not sure what's involved in changing the server-side names, but I think something should be done if at all possible.

I understand its a volunteer project, so please let me know how I can help! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If I had a list of every character name on the server, I'd be happy to manually parse it and provide a list of questionable ones back to the devs to make the final call on. Yes, it would take a long time - but I think it would be worth it.

Once the existing names were taken care of, a weekly visual sweep of all new character names should be relatively easy.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:16 PM
Kobold

"PistonFister"

Making a Monk right now lol
Old 08-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straif [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"PistonFister"

Making a Monk right now lol
Just about everything this guy posts, including his avatar make me ROFL. Straif is definitly my favorite poster!
Sslaythe (30 Iksar shaman) Leader of the Harbingers of Thule
Old 08-02-2010, 12:58 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Ihealyou

Come on guys, is everyone here 12? Grow up please. Your name can't be a phrase or sentence.

Uuur - Your favorite Master +1 cleric <LifeAlert>
Rockwell - Your favorite 30 virgin <Aspen and Rockwell>
Old 08-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Actually, Poopdick Asspiss is a traditional gnomish name dating back to the times of King Runklecunt Clitcruncher and his queen Dribblenipple "Pistonfister" Jones.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually, Poopdick Asspiss is a traditional gnomish name dating back to the times of King Runklecunt Clitcruncher and his queen Dribblenipple "Pistonfister" Jones.
This was hilarious. Reposting for anyone who read back to front.

And -
Childish names are like the holocaust bro (tseng).
Yeah. This. That argument made me lol as well.

Childish names are just an indicator the person will likely suck/be annoying, but if it really bothers you, petition them. . . GMs still change names. Most of the people w/ the childish names are lv. 1-10 and haven't gotten petitioned yet.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Sarnak

There has got to be some kind of code set up to check these names when people make these characters...dick and poop should have been caught by the filter...as well as ass and piss...not to mention there are a few other names out there that are just blatantly offensive. I am not normally a tattle tail, but I do not like to be reminded that ignorant, 12 year old kids that have no sense of internet filter, play this game.
Closed Thread