Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 09:12 AM
Sarnak

Default Definite Iksar Vs. Necro Answer?

I'm going to beat an already dead horse with an obviously dead corpse and kick it until someone gives me an answer I can tolerate. Actually, I'm really curious to hear different opinions regarding Iksar vs. other available races ( particularly gnome, DE, or Erudite ).

I really don't want to wait months to start a necromancer, and I've came upon mixed opinions as for whether or not that is necessary. Does anyone have experience on both sides of the race debate - playing as an iksar necro AND any other race up to 60 within this play era?

I have only played as an iksar necromancer, and if it were available at launch that is the route I would go, even though they are ugly with a capital AF. Will guilds need necros that are not of the scaley kind ? Once Kunark is released will I then be cast aside if I don't have a tail to wag ?

Is there any argument to be made for Erudites having a larger mana pool, and potentially not needing to lich as long? or is that a pipe dream hallucination? There is obviously some exhaustive info on the net for min-maxing, but do fights in classic last long enough for this to make an honest difference?

TLDR. halp. I need someone to convince me that its okay to play a non lizard iksar and that I won't hate life once kunark is released.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:16 AM
Aviak

A Necro is a Necro as far as groups and guilds are concerned. Being scaley only really helps downtime in Solo endeavors, you'll be fine rolling any race.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natewest1987 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there any argument to be made for Erudites having a larger mana pool, and potentially not needing to lich as long?.
Yikes.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yikes.
Is this a Hate crime?

Lich (56+ Heretic)
Zelda (45 Shaman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
silence, 'hardcore scum'
Old 10-10-2019, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

The definite answer for "Iksar vs Necro" is yes.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

Iksars make the best monks and necros, hands down. You can always roll a new necro when Kunark launchs. Vanilla caps at level 50, fairly easy to get level 50...

Necros are super strong in Vanilla EQ...best pet class, hands down. That is reason enough to play necro...but yes you will never be as good as an iksar unless you re-roll one.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

At least make either a dark elf or gnome, then you can have hide or wall hacks to go with your sour grapes. And since necros do get lull spells wall hacking is really quite useful.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:34 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At least make either a dark elf or gnome, then you can have hide or wall hacks to go with your sour grapes. And since necros do get lull spells wall hacking is really quite useful.
What is wall hacking?
Old 10-11-2019, 01:05 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuchang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What is wall hacking?
Looking through a wall by clipping in to it in first person. You can do it by sitting as most races, and as a skeleton. Shrunk people and Gnomes just do it with a larger view and the ability to turn the camera left and right without standing and sitting again.
Last edited by Ashenden; 10-11-2019 at 01:25 AM..
Old 10-11-2019, 03:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashenden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looking through a wall by clipping in to it in first person. You can do it by sitting as most races, and as a skeleton. Shrunk people and Gnomes just do it with a larger view and the ability to turn the camera left and right without standing and sitting again.
Not quite. The complete wall hacking suite allows you target mobs through the wall, not just see them.
Closed Thread