Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 07:49 PM
Sarnak

Default Tome of Discord Democratic Revolution, Class C?

red scare!!

so today i see all these BDA's that are red for funsies this week.

i always fantasized about a eq server that everyone decided to "turn it red" by turning in the books until if you didnt you wouldnt be able to get buffs and groups.

even tho thats a near impossiblity, do you guys think that class C should be red so they have to fight for spawns? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] would be epic. would be cooler than COTH FTE luls.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:52 PM
Fire Giant

It would be a lot more competitive wouldn't it

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:09 PM
Sarnak

yes. the class c guilds going red would make them a lot more competitive than COTH FTE nerd pillowfight.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by holsteinrx7 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i always fantasized about a eq server that everyone decided to "turn it red"
That exists already. It's called R99.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That exists already. It's called R99.
Pretty much /thread, right there.

As fun as it would be to see on blue you can't make it happen - and if you're already winning in Class C, why would you care for this?
Old 09-09-2014, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

It's all fun and games as multiple red guilds fight over a spawn and a non PVP guild walks in and takes the kill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 09-09-2014, 11:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's all fun and games as multiple red guilds fight over a spawn and a non PVP guild walks in and takes the kill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol'd.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:27 AM
Sarnak

the gms do enforce the raid rules well.

non pvp guilds would, in this case, be on rotation. only class C guilds would "compete" for class C spawns.

i just dont get how poopsocking right next to eachother for hours on end and COTH into FTE call is considered "competitive", or anything more than boring and nerdy. its more like who is most alert at that given moment gets lucky. at least theyll have something fun to do while they are poopsocking.

why shouldnt class C guilds compete in combat for high raid targets?

they can always turn in a book of discord and revert back to nonpvp as needed.

i have thought for many years that the tome of discord has a special place in EQ and is probably the least utilized tool in the entire game.

the class C guilds do seem more Red oriented, and i do think this would make the server more interesting, with more structured and tiered raiding, and give guilds something to look forward to and work for.

i for one would LOVE to see this on p99. especially with the whole red's dead and blue's boring stigmas.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:12 AM
Sarnak

I never understood why redders didn't just do this to begin with instead of starting over from scratch on a small population server. Like why did no one ever make actual PVP required guilds on blue? Not even one? (obviously you'd need at least 2!)

Maybe if someone made a detailed post about how all of it works (including how to go red and go back to blue, etc etc) people who don't normally PVP could get interested.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:46 AM
Sarnak

Hitting a raid target? Cant be damaged or agroed unless by PVP tagged player. Bam, spice up the largely stagnant raid scene on blue.