Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 02-16-2022, 04:05 PM
Sarnak

Default On its dying breath, <Criot> cries enough to turn blue into Dice simulator 2022

And they are quite proud of themselves

kekw
Old 02-16-2022, 04:10 PM
Large Bat

Hahaha, what a freaking manbaby. Aww did sumwun mess wif your wittle evaquest

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-16-2022, 11:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hahaha, what a freaking manbaby. Aww did sumwun mess wif your wittle evaquest

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did anyone read this and not cringe?
Old 02-16-2022, 04:11 PM
Aviak

I understand the roll for KT. But can someone explain how getting a 1 second head-start on Statue really helps? On Green, the first guy ahead of the pack is usually getting stunned/one-rounded by a Guardian or Vindi. In races I'm in I often purposely stand behind someone else so they get aggro on these mopbs first so I have a better chance of engaging Statue and surviving. It is never consistently the first guy off the line that gets a successful FTE on Statue because of all the KoS mobs I mentioned.
Old 02-16-2022, 04:14 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathook [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand the roll for KT. But can someone explain how getting a 1 second head-start on Statue really helps? On Green, the first guy ahead of the pack is usually getting stunned/one-rounded by a Guardian or Vindi. In races I'm in I often purposely stand behind someone else so they get aggro on these mopbs first so I have a better chance of engaging Statue and surviving. It is never consistently the first guy off the line that gets a successful FTE on Statue because of all the KoS mobs I mentioned.
When you have 5 racers from the same guild scripting a reaction time to race, it doesn’t matter if the first player gets stunned.

Hope that helps.
Old 02-16-2022, 04:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toryas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you have 5 racers from the same guild scripting a reaction time to race, it doesn’t matter if the first player gets stunned.

Hope that helps.
Ya, that helps explain it. Didn't realize it was prolific among guild members.
Old 02-25-2022, 08:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathook [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't. That's precisely why the 30 minute documentary about Stunningly ONLY shows his jumps off the line. He could give them a full second head start and still win pretty reliably. He's just really good at the mechanics of FTE races. I had never met the guy before in my life, yet the first time I heard him do a race training session I was impressed, he reminded me of Kelzaraz. He knows every little trick to every race, and he practices. A lot.

Since the beginning, this game has been dominated by a few. In early Velious, people like Kelzaraz, Yumyum, Fingerz, Brutillus got the majority of ToV FTE's. Some people are simply better than others. They care more. They work harder. It pays off.

Ultimately, the crux is that *even if Stunningly was using a script to get a 100ms jump*, it would be largely inconsequential in the grand scheme. The fact he gains 2000-5000ms more of a lead during the actual race is much more impressive in my opinion than his fast jumps. He reminds me of what Kelzaraz used to say - if you stop strafing for even a split second during a race, you failed. Point is, until you master the mechanics, you can't even truly understand why you're losing.
Old 02-26-2022, 04:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't. That's precisely why the 30 minute documentary about Stunningly ONLY shows his jumps off the line. He could give them a full second head start and still win pretty reliably. He's just really good at the mechanics of FTE races. I had never met the guy before in my life, yet the first time I heard him do a race training session I was impressed, he reminded me of Kelzaraz. He knows every little trick to every race, and he practices. A lot.

Since the beginning, this game has been dominated by a few. In early Velious, people like Kelzaraz, Yumyum, Fingerz, Brutillus got the majority of ToV FTE's. Some people are simply better than others. They care more. They work harder. It pays off.

Ultimately, the crux is that *even if Stunningly was using a script to get a 100ms jump*, it would be largely inconsequential in the grand scheme. The fact he gains 2000-5000ms more of a lead during the actual race is much more impressive in my opinion than his fast jumps. He reminds me of what Kelzaraz used to say - if you stop strafing for even a split second during a race, you failed. Point is, until you master the mechanics, you can't even truly understand why you're losing.
An excellent observation which broadens the story into perspective. It's a testament towards the true goal of most of these forum posters attempting a short story conviction rather than any meaningful thought towards the entire saga.

Haven't we learned that appeasement never works? How many times do we have to continue down the same trodden path?

Insanity
Old 02-26-2022, 05:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He could give them a full second head start and still win pretty reliably. He's just really good at the mechanics of FTE races. I had never met the guy before in my life, yet the first time I heard him do a race training session I was impressed, he reminded me of Kelzaraz. He knows every little trick to every race, and he practices. A lot.
There must be old recordings that show him practicing these runs on a private server, which could be uploaded for public viewing to substantiate these claims.

Quote:
If the player was willing to cheat in order to gain an "inconsequential" advantage, it follows then that they would also be using the same or similar method throughout the race wherever possible to secure FTE, otherwise the risk wouldn't be worth the reward. If someone has already committed to breaking the rules, risking everything, they will benefit from doing so as much as possible, which seems to be the case overall with just how many FTEs were had. Who knows though? A few less FTEs here and there, and maybe nobody would have suspected anything.

Quote:
The fact he gains 2000-5000ms more of a lead during the actual race is much more impressive in my opinion than his fast jumps.
More questionable now than impressive. Another video focusing on this portion of the race would have been great, but unlikely now that it isn't necessary given the change.
Old 02-26-2022, 06:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There must be old recordings that show him practicing these runs on a private server, which could be uploaded for public viewing to substantiate these claims.

If the player was willing to cheat in order to gain an "inconsequential" advantage, it follows then that they would also be using the same or similar method throughout the race wherever possible to secure FTE, otherwise the risk wouldn't be worth the reward. If someone has already committed to breaking the rules, risking everything, they will benefit from doing so as much as possible, which seems to be the case overall with just how many FTEs were had. Who knows though? A few less FTEs here and there, and maybe nobody would have suspected anything.

Typical dipshit response right here. He beat me so you therefor should provide proof of practice and everything he does....What a moron.
More questionable now than impressive. Another video focusing on this portion of the race would have been great, but unlikely now that it isn't necessary given the change.