Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Aviak

Default Lockets of Escape

Is there an actual GM stance on whats happening with these?
They are apparently still dropping as I see them in EC all the time now.
Has anyone else checked on anything else?

Pre nerf Fungus Covered Great Staff?
Rod of Annihilation?
Maybe a Ton Po staff will drop again lol?

I read some of the RnF thread about people camping these but as usual you have to sift through 500 posts of people calling each other fat.
But seriously are these new lockets gonna stay in the market, has anything been done to it yet?
Last edited by GuisedShaman; 03-04-2013 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: Spelling and blah blah
Old 03-04-2013, 03:30 PM
Banned

The only NPC affected by the most current patch was the Chief, nothing was done in regards to the old mobs who dropped the items you mentioned. Therefore, since other loot tables weren't tampered with there wouldn't have been the chance for those old legacy items to have returned. The quickest way to tell if there was currently implementation of all those items would've been the RMoY in KC considering that place is always over camped.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Kobold

This was recently fixed. I heard some people saying they think that with recent patch he was dropping items with 2 loot slots or something and 1 of those slots was 100% drop of something from his loot table and one of those slots got jacked up and had the prenerf drops attached to it or something. This is just what I heard (and its possible that this is way off because I don't code and don't necessarily know how to) but from what I understand its fixed now and they aren't dropping anymore.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Sarnak

I can confirm that the Locket of Escape is no longer dropping with the following two facts:

1.) I camped Chief for several hours this weekend, and saw that his loot table is back to "looking normal." That is, he is no longer double dropping items. When the Eye of RokGus was removed, that loot socket remained and instead of the Eye dropping, the Chief now could drop in that socket either the Sticker, Essence, Idol, or Locket (in addition to his normal first socket which can be either Sticker, Essence, or Idol). As of Saturday morning, he is now only dropping one item.

2.) Divinity is no longer perma-camping Chief. I was told the server was brought down Saturday morning at roughly 2 AM EST; I am assuming this is when the Chief's loot table was corrected (I last observed him holding a Sticker and Essence as late as Wednesday/Thursday time-frame). I logged in to Droga Saturday morning at about 8-9 AM EST, and the ledge was fully popped and uncamped. The fact that Divinity relinquished the camp for the first time in the nearly two weeks that Chief was bugged tells me that he is back to normal.

As I mentioned in Eccezan's thread in RnF, ordinarily the Chief is NOT so as interesting as to warrant a two-week-long perma-camp. If you want Chardok faction, you AE the zone and get it done in a day or two. So I knew that whenever Divinity left the camp, that would be proof that the Chief was fixed.
[Sun Jan 31 21:43:23 2016] Kerafyrm was hit by non-melee for 94 points of damage.
Last edited by Briscoe; 03-04-2013 at 03:41 PM.. Reason: .
Old 03-04-2013, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

Stopped dropping already, was incorrect for less than two weeks. No other pre-nerf items were dropping. Locket was an incredibly rare drop and I assume the post-patch Chief was dropping at the same rate as the pre-nerf Chief. Odds are you're seeing the same 2 or 3 Lockets for sale over and over.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Protip, don't buy the lockets for a month or two and pick them up for super cheap.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Protip, don't buy the lockets for a month or two and pick them up for super cheap.
^ Probably right. Price will be high immediately, then dip low, then rise again in Velious. Just gotta hope the market doesn't get picked bare by less discerning buyers.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldolma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ Probably right. Price will be high immediately, then dip low, then rise again in Velious. Just gotta hope the market doesn't get picked bare by less discerning buyers.
Velious is ages away, plenty of time to grab a locket for cheap. (protip, get 2 and not both at the same time from the same person)

Not that it really matters, everyone will be selling binds in PoM which means it will be super cheap to just get it done or the more preferable method will be joining a guild who will bind their members for free.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Banned

Or buy one at high price to ensure you have one while they are still around!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Aviak

I'd have to say its more then 2 or 3 if it was 2 weeks of perma camping.

Ploktor and Tricky beverage right after this bug are offering Bind from the locket for money. So there's 4 right there(1 to use 1 to recharge)

Nigmo was sellin one the day after the patch.

And you know some people are just gonna keep them for velious to bind a melee.

But it's not a huge deal just was curious to see if they are even going to let the lockets stay in the game.

Is there going to be any punishment for people obviously camping for these when its definitely a bug to gain an advantage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean;
Third Party Tools, Exploiting
We do not tolerate cheating on Project 1999. Any program that provides an unintended advantage or gleams access to information not otherwise available is very strictly prohibited. Please be aware that while other EQEmulator servers may allow the use of such programs, we do not. We have many systems in place to detect the presence and usage of these programs passively, with regular sweeps to purge users that have utilized them. This is typically a permanent ban.

Do not make the mistake that you may get away with it because you used it on Live Everquest. We put much more effort into the detection of these utilities than SOE ever did. You will be caught and banned if you use them.

The same holds true for exploiting. If you have the slightest doubt that what you are doing may not be intended, please cease immediately and seek clarification from the server staff. Failure to do so and discovery of your actions will lead to disciplinary action.
Last edited by GuisedShaman; 03-04-2013 at 04:01 PM..
Closed Thread