Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Large Bat

Default EXP IS SO SLOW!

Hey guys,

Did you change the zone modifiers or leveling speeds? I'm leveling super slow for no reason.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Sarnak

Me too.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:41 PM
Kobold

Same there, exp seems slower than before.
A patch note would be cool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Orc

i heard Naggy and Vox deep breath more often D:
Old 06-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Large Bat

I'm glad that it's not just me then [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] thanks guys
Old 06-29-2010, 07:09 PM
Kobold

Jboots are slower too!
Old 06-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Orc

The Jboots aren't slower, the mobs just run faster than normal. I have been reading some threads about this and they are going to fix the issue. I had read some bards posting that they couldnt AE or DoT kite because of the wide attack box and the mobs run speed.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftsong_Lorekeeper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Jboots aren't slower, the mobs just run faster than normal. I have been reading some threads about this and they are going to fix the issue. I had read some bards posting that they couldnt AE or DoT kite because of the wide attack box and the mobs run speed.
Where did you read it's being fixed? Because as far as I've read over the past eight months there is no intention of fixing mob run speed or their huge boxes.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingturtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where did you read it's being fixed? Because as far as I've read over the past eight months there is no intention of fixing mob run speed or their huge boxes.
We do have intention of fixing anything that is broken. Time is the issue. This isn't just a P1999 issue, it's emulator wide. The hit boxes are broken there as well. We compensated by upping run speed so it isn't completely trivial to try to get away.

Run for your life should mean exactly that; work your ass off or die =).

One thing to realize, for these mobs to even catch players running normally: Player speed 1, Mob speed 1.71. At 1.70 if you take off running while in melee range the mob can hit you 1 time possibly twice depending on conditions, then never even get close again even without strafing/jumping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We do have intention of fixing anything that is broken.
Right on. I honestly thought bards were just fancy enough that it had been decided they didn't need to AoE kite, ever. I'll go ahead and roll one, now.
Closed Thread