Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 03:57 PM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone
Post [Poll by Post] Red99: A short questionnaire for our Blue community members

As part of our ongoing promotion of Red 99, I would like to pose this question to our blue community members:

If you played on Red 1999 in the past, why did you quit? What did you like about the server? Would you want to play again? If not, why? If you have never played on Red 99, what has kept you away? (If the answer to the last question is simply "Not interested in PvP" you do not need to post, but thank you for reading!)

I believe this question may have been asked before by one of your Red community members, but I wanted to get something official. You'll notice this is not a poll, so please place your comments in a post below. Please provide as much detail as possible.

I humbly request that you do not include suggestions on how to "fix" or "improve" the server, but instead simply answer the questions provided above. If you have suggestions for the server, I am always happy to receive them in my PM box!

This thread is a strict "No-trolling" zone. Obvious troll posts will be deleted. I am specifically requesting information from people have played on Red 99 in the past, and no longer do so, or people who may have been interested in playing there, but never did.

If you do not feel comfortable posting here and listing your reasons for quitting/never trying, I would love for you to send me a PM instead so I can get your viewpoint.

The population on Red has skyrocketed since the recent changes, and that number will continue to grow as we launch full-scale into our planned Red 99 week. It is my hope that with the feedback in this thread, as well as the new changes, and the ever-improving Red 99 community, we can continue to grow the population on Red. For a list of the new changes, as well as information on older changes and a few reasons why Red 99 is better than it's ever been in all aspects, please click here.

If you haven't tried Red 99 lately, there has never been a better time to start!

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read this and respond - we greatly appreciate your contribution to making the Red server the best it can possibly be!
Old 04-29-2014, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

If you played on Red 1999 in the past, why did you quit?
I didn't want to play, largely, alone. I don't like it when I know I have to leave a zone when a member of guild "X" zones in. Then a min later, 8 other people in the same guild zone in.
What did you like about the server?
I liked the ongoing competition that would grow between players -- kinda like a duel that you know has to occur everytime you see person X in the zone... and they know it to.

Would you want to play again?
Tempted
If not, why? N/A
If you have never played on Red 99, what has kept you away? n/a
Old 04-29-2014, 05:09 PM
Kobold

If you played on Red 1999 in the past, why did you quit?
I played a rogue to level 5 because the Blue server was down.

What did you like about the server?
I wasn't on long enough to care.

Would you want to play again?
Doubtful.

If not, why?
I play other PVP games that take care of that fix and I only have so much time to play EQ during the week. I'd rather play on a server with a population that's closer to classic and with PVE since I never played PVP in EQ.

It doesn't help the Red cause that the same band of proselytes are posting something to the effect of "...you wouldn't have that problem if you played on Red" or "you don't have the balls to play on Red" in Blue thread topics. It's obnoxious advertising. Please stop spamming the blue threads.

Hold some big events on the Red server. Bring back Rubicite to Cazic for a week or have a week where the old DE mask drops off random world mobs or release Velious on Red 2 weeks prior to Blue. That will get you people logging in.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiwi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't help the Red cause that the same band of proselytes are posting something to the effect of "...you wouldn't have that problem if you played on Red" or "you don't have the balls to play on Red" in Blue thread topics. It's obnoxious advertising. Please stop spamming the blue threads.
Aww don't let that get to you too much. We're all a lot meaner and more obnoxious on forumquest than we are in game. Think that's true of blue server too; just check out the stuff that goes on in RnF! If you come hang with us we'll treat you pretty well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Great thread Derubael, I'm looking forward to the EVEN BIGGER influx of noobs. Totally making a brand new char for grouping once my semester ends!
Old 05-02-2014, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

If you have never played on Red 99, what has kept you away?
The combination of global /ooc and the attention-starved circle-jerk of players from RnF (If I could do one thing for Project 1999 as a whole, I would remove all RnF forums entirely). I remember that Blue had a global /ooc when I started and it was a nightmare of spam. I don't need to re-live "Classic P99" EQ. In general, I don't think I have the capacity to enjoy time spent reading the same tired catch phrases all the time. Also, the same population/starting over concerns that many have.

Lastly, I never played on a PvP server back in 2000, so I am not missing that bit of nostalgia as it relates to EQ. Because of this, I'm also terrible at PvP. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think I have the capacity to enjoy time spent reading the same tired catch phrases all the time.
Don't have a cow, man.

Okay so here's what I take from this thread:

-Lots of bluebies don't know the Red99 ruleset, and refuse to play for imaginary reasons like item loot, xp loss on pvp death, not understanding how LnS works, etc.

Solution? Spam blue server with the red ruleset, in multiple channels so they can't hide the text easily (lol). Or idk, there's other ways to do it.

-Fungi Tunic, epics need minimum level requirement of 46 to equip and epics should totally not be questable until 50. I don't see why not to include this, even if the fungi thing is not classic. Could throw a level requirement of 46 on all raid gear too to avoid those Nihi twinks running around in VP gear on level 30s.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:23 PM
Fire Giant

Softcore PK - that's Amelie in your profile pic right? I saw that movie the other week..not sure how i felt about it or if I liked it or not.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekniq [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Softcore PK - that's Amelie in your profile pic right? I saw that movie the other week..not sure how i felt about it or if I liked it or not.
Yep! It's probably my favorite movie. How can you not have known for sure it was amazing?? It makes me cry in the happiest of ways.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softcore PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't have a cow, man.

Okay so here's what I take from this thread:

-Lots of bluebies don't know the Red99 ruleset, and refuse to play for imaginary reasons like item loot, xp loss on pvp death, not understanding how LnS works, etc.

Solution? Spam blue server with the red ruleset, in multiple channels so they can't hide the text easily (lol). Or idk, there's other ways to do it.

-Fungi Tunic, epics need minimum level requirement of 46 to equip and epics should totally not be questable until 50. I don't see why not to include this, even if the fungi thing is not classic. Could throw a level requirement of 46 on all raid gear too to avoid those Nihi twinks running around in VP gear on level 30s.
Just another example of a red player being entirely dismissive of a blue players concerns. We (I'm speaking for hesitant blue players here) understand the rules, and we understand the enjoyment from pvp. What you (ignorant red players) fail to understand is how to entice a blu player to convert. It seems the typical response is either blue players just don't get it, or we're pussies, or a combination of the two. Getting merc'd by people in your level range in full resist gear, fungis, and VP rots isn't fun and calling us out for refusing to sack up and tolerate it is a poor way to convince people to play on your server.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just another example of a red player being entirely dismissive of a blue players concerns. We (I'm speaking for hesitant blue players here) understand the rules, and we understand the enjoyment from pvp. What you (ignorant red players) fail to understand is how to entice a blu player to convert. It seems the typical response is either blue players just don't get it, or we're pussies, or a combination of the two. Getting merc'd by people in your level range in full resist gear, fungis, and VP rots isn't fun and calling us out for refusing to sack up and tolerate it is a poor way to convince people to play on your server.
Nut up, pussy!

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Closed Thread