Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Default Wizard Velious portal spells

can we share some info on these, where can they be purchased currently and which ones specifically?
Old 08-03-2015, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

NK, Sro, and Rathe Mtn. Gypsies should start carrying the Iceclad Single and Group ports for Druids and Wizards. (FIXED PENDING UPDATE)

Group ports to Great Divide, Wakening Land, and Cobalt Scar should be mob dropped spells only for ~1.5 months. The vendors were in game for a few hours after opening, and I've heard reports that they are not there anymore. I have not been able to check it out myself.

Druid circle spells get added to Phillip Aghllsews in the PoG tower of WL first, then a week later Wizard portal spells get added to Guardian Trekolz in Skyshrine.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:38 PM
Sarnak

any ideas from people here on the best mobs to farm for translocate?
Old 08-06-2015, 09:47 AM
Orc

Druid circles were in WL at the PoG tower on launch day. Not sure if still there or not. Even if it's not, it doesn't matter. Most of <Dial A Port> already has the spells, and several people stockpiled multiple copies for those who couldn't make it yet.

Ziglark works in a non-classic way to make sure we can, say, engage Sontalak within hours of launch. But wiz ports? Heaven forbid.

Apparently wizards are the only ones who must "enjoy" the classic timeline while everybody else gets straight to what they want.

Such a blatant double standard going on here. It's infuriating.
Last edited by Castcalm; 08-06-2015 at 09:52 AM..
Old 08-06-2015, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Ziglark works in an unclassic way because of how keying worked during classic. Classic launch the first few days of Velious the key wasn't required to click into Cobalt Scar.

Instead of making the key not required (not something their timeline-code can support), they changed it such that the quest is doable without faction/killing Ziglark, to emulate the ability for basically anyone to click into CS the first few days.

After a month expect to see Ziglark turned non-immune, and on CoV faction again.

A lot of the issues faced right now are because of lack of beta testers. People who didn't beta test have 0 room to complain about the state of things. You all had the power to verify this stuff over the last year of beta being out, but people refused to because their beta pixels didn't stay with them.
Old 08-06-2015, 10:33 AM
Orc

It has nothing to do with whether or not I was involved in the beta testing. You don't know whether I logged into beta or not. Get off your horse.

It has everything to do with accepting non-classic solutions in so many cases, while picking and choosing which classic "screw ups" were repeated for the sake of the timeline. Doing so is simply not fair.

Unsurprisingly, the druid isn't sympathetic.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

I explained the situation for the key which you cite as a primary source of "not being fair". The Druid vendor to my knowledge always offered the spells, and I've seen no evidence to suggest otherwise. If you feel this is wrong make a bug report with your evidence and the vendor will be changed. The wizard vendor however, it clearly states in the patch notes, was added at the end of January.

I also happen to have a level 60 Wizard, but I'm not complaining about the state of classic. It's a month and they are dropping from mobs, I saw 2-3 wizard group ports linked in guild chat yesterday.

I will quite happily stay on my horse, I don't know whether you logged on but your post history confirms you never made a single bug report in Velious. Please do not complain about things not being fair or them picking and choosing when you failed to, over the past year, log on the beta server and investigate the nature of things and report those which are not classic.

They will go 100% classic if given the proper feedback and bug reporting from players, provided - The bug didn't break the game (duping exploitings, crashing exploiting, invulernability exploits), or the client allows for its fixing (item linking is not fixable from the client). When they don't get proper bug reporting, things fall through the cracks and we have issues with things not being made classic evenly across all aspects of the game. At this point you don't cite those inconsistencies and demand the ones you want implemented out of era or unclassicly, instead just endeavor to research and bug report the ones that are wrong.
Last edited by Daldaen; 08-06-2015 at 11:20 AM..
Old 08-06-2015, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

I think its great that the Wizard Velious ports aren't easily available. We have waaaaaay too many Wiz alts on this server from two years of Chardok that contributed greatly to the stupid state of Kunark "raiding." The serious shortage of spells renders all these Wizards that were EZ cranked to 60 far less useful which is comical really.

At this rate there's no way that everybody's 3rd alt Wiz will be able to translocate or Velious port and that's awesome. Its also great that everybody has to rely on Druids for ports, a class that very few level to 60 due to their relative low utility on "raids" and its just a big f-you to the "raid" (zerg) mentality of this server.

Have fun finding your Wiz ports guys. Here's an idea - kill some mobs and get some drops? Perhaps tunnelquest and wheel-n-deal to get your spells? Anybody? Bueller?
Old 08-06-2015, 03:32 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuljin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think its great that the Wizard Velious ports aren't easily available. We have waaaaaay too many Wiz alts on this server from two years of Chardok that contributed greatly to the stupid state of Kunark "raiding." The serious shortage of spells renders all these Wizards that were EZ cranked to 60 far less useful which is comical really.
Wow.. amazing.

Thats the first time ive ever heard anybody claim that theres too many port alt wizards as compared to druids.

Have you been playing on some other server maybe?
Old 08-06-2015, 01:29 PM
Large Bat

Beta or not, classic or not, whatever. If druids can just purchase spells from a non-faction vendor, so should wizards. Simple. Don't need extensive beta testing and feedback for a common sense issue.
Closed Thread