Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 08:38 PM
Aviak

Default Gamebreaking items.

If you had a fungi tunic, you could literally get any class that can wear it to lvl 45 solo on autopilot just grinding through mob after mob...

You could wear just that single shirt and still get to lvl 45, fifteen times faster. I can't think of any other item in the game so powerful and trivialize so much content. Maybe a manastone?

Are there any other items that have such a huge impact on the game?
Old 05-05-2018, 08:54 PM
Kobold

not really
Old 05-05-2018, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

+15hp a tick doesn't make you kill mobs 15x faster. Better than a sharp stick in the eye tho
Old 05-05-2018, 09:14 PM
Banned

here's a tip: you can click jboots to go faster
Old 05-05-2018, 09:25 PM
Fire Giant

Not really. Fungi is broken. Only other item I think that alters the game so much would be OT hammer. Hard to imagine the game if melee couldn't teleport whenever they wanted.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hard to imagine the game if melee couldn't teleport whenever they wanted.
On that note, I'd probably have to say Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap, which has saved me from innumerable deaths and painful CRs at the fairly low cost of ~180 platinum per use. I rarely go anywhere without having it charged.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:25 PM
Planar Protector

Midnight mallet, wort pots, bladestopper, prayers, soulfire, reaper...

Raid and aggro management trivialization no doubt.

Of course while not being an item, recharging is one of the most game breaking and immersion shattering things on p99. Classic, but not widespread knowledge.

And yes, fungi should have been a no drop item in VP, no business being tradeable from seb camp.
Old 05-07-2018, 02:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And yes, fungi should have been a no drop item in VP, no business being tradeable from seb camp.
Something I've always been curious about. Devs decided the Rubicite BP was too OP and took it out of the game. Then on the very next expansion, they turned around and put the in the fungi which has a much more powerful regen, and can be used by additional classes. It just makes zero sense.
Old 05-07-2018, 04:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moerne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Something I've always been curious about. Devs decided the Rubicite BP was too OP and took it out of the game. Then on the very next expansion, they turned around and put the in the fungi which has a much more powerful regen, and can be used by additional classes. It just makes zero sense.
Rubicite armor had several problems that led to its removal, the hp regen was AFAIK not one of them. Some of it had to deal with class balance issues at the time like a ranger in full rubi being a better tank than a warrior in full rubi because of the def caps that were around back then. The rubi camps were plagued with drama as multiple groups would sit on the spawns and often KS each other causing a nightmare for the GMs. The armor itself wasn't really all that great with the exception of it looking cool. The HP regen was really only highly regarded by low level alts and shamans. Most people would be better off in Brig Tunics/Enameled Black Chestplates.

The rubi BP was essentially reintroduced in RoK as the Ceremonial Iksar Chestplate which had very little hype surrounding it due to it not being cool looking red plate.
Old 08-04-2018, 06:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moerne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rubicite wasn't taken out due to being 'too powerful', but due to being replaced by other items, with a little laziness mixed in. It was a placeholder set so melee types wouldn't have to level through the 20's and 30's in just bronze. Note that fine plate wasn't added until much later. Hence there was something of a gap in the original game's itemization between bronze and high-level dungeon drops. The patch that added the Temple of Solusek Ro replaced Rubicite with largely superior class-specific sets. The bit of laziness stems from how the developers added Ravenscale (and removed Rubicite) by placing it in Rubicite's former drop slots in Cazic Thule.

Danth
Closed Thread