Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 01:47 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default New Here, what's up with Raids and Guilds and the drama

I see quite a few post here about drama for raids. I do remember that from live way back when, maybe I stayed out of it, but I don't remember it this extent. There are post about this guild or that guild, think I remember seeing a post where the person basically said raiding ain't worth it here because of how it is done. Now, I will say, getting to that point is fun, but getting there and being able to raid is also very fun.

So, really my questions are this, what is the reality of raiding at the top end and is it fun enough to be worth the journey? I had a toon several years ago on blue, didn't go to the raiding level, but I want to here. I am not one to run away from this but I remember when several guilds where on the time keys on Tunare, I think the agreement was working well, I don't remember a lot of drama.

Just questions, not a troll. I just want to have fun, level and some day raid.

Xoax
Old 02-18-2021, 02:54 PM
Fire Giant

Depends on what your goal is. If it's planar gear you absolutely have a great shot at it. If it's dragon gear it'll be harder but still feasible so long as you join one of the 4 guilds (well, 3 at the moment) that compete for it, or attend open raids and get lucky.

Class is also a factor. A paladin for example will get full planar gear quicker than an enchanter. Less competition. Holy water sprinklers rottin all the time
Old 02-18-2021, 02:58 PM
Banned

Exclamation

drugs and unemployment
VS
drugs and work from home employment
Old 02-18-2021, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
drugs and unemployment
VS
Haha
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 02-20-2021, 01:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
drugs and unemployment
VS
thread over
Old 02-23-2021, 01:03 PM
Sarnak

Old 02-23-2021, 01:44 AM
Planar Protector

Raid scene :

Tranny warlords vs recreational heroin addicts
Old 04-18-2021, 05:38 AM
Fire Giant

Since EQ isn't instanced all players compete for the same and very limited amount of camps and spawns.

Some of the content has been divided into timeslots for each guild, some of it you have to compete for (such as racing designated players to engage the target first).

What it effectively means either way is that at any time around the clock something can pop and at least someone needs to be online to watch for it to happen. I.e. stare at a blank screen for hours upon hours. Usually you would have parked your raiding character at the location ready to engage when the raid target has spawned. I.e. unless you're bound there you usually can't play your character during those hours. In some guilds people are logged off and they literally get a message on discord or their phone to come online. I.e. some will get up at 4 am and wake their sleeping family to kill a dragon.

The fights are usually super easy, dragons die in seconds. You may not even get a spell off in time. So it's 99% waiting and 1% dragon killing (less, actually).

Raid gear, most of it that's of any use, is hard to come by and requires a lot of raiding.

You typically also have to farm consumables for the raids. Some raids like VP have tough prequests in order to get the key. You'll have to farm mobs for days (once again, staring at a screen) if the camp isn't taken in which case u may have to wait in line).

Tbh, it's fun to raid a little just for the experience and see the content. See Lady Vox, Nagafen, the planes. After that, eh...

There are some raiding items of note that'll change how a character plays or power them up in a significant way. Some classes though needs very little or nothing from raiding to perform well in the endgame dungeons of the world.

As for the drama. Well, when people pour in literally years of their life into a game the competition can get serious indeed.
Old 02-18-2021, 03:28 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Do want to get Planar gear or at least work on it, funny you mentioned my class, an enchanter as more difficult. Want to do Kael raids and others, Dragons are always fun. I think I did 50's Hate raids and almost 40 Fear raids to get full geared and epic piece from Fear. We will see what's what though, I am only 4 just starting out here, so may change to another toon. Just trying to get a feel for it here.
Old 02-18-2021, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlikan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do want to get Planar gear or at least work on it, funny you mentioned my class, an enchanter as more difficult. Want to do Kael raids and others, Dragons are always fun. I think I did 50's Hate raids and almost 40 Fear raids to get full geared and epic piece from Fear. We will see what's what though, I am only 4 just starting out here, so may change to another toon. Just trying to get a feel for it here.
If you enjoy it, play it. You are playing one of the 4 imbalanced god classes of the era. Its going to be hyper overpopulated, but there's a reason why. It's super ridiculously powerful without much struggle and fun because of that.