Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2021, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

Default Why our cultures and civilization is failing.

The default state of humanity wasn't a high-tech police state under constant surveillance without any frontiers. For thousands of years.
Old 03-07-2021, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

capitalism
Old 03-07-2021, 07:01 PM
Sarnak

We also didn't live in two parent nuclear families
Old 03-07-2021, 10:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We also didn't live in two parent nuclear families
Are you really arguing two parent nuclear families for societal woes?
Old 03-07-2021, 11:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i like extended family grps for traditionalism. the atomized "nuclear family" was step 1 in breaking down the family into highly consumptive units, disconnecting people from their elders, and dissolving community. but i understand some ppl are addicted to the norms they are born in, can conceive of nothing else and are dumb so i will not endeavor to rock your quite literally neo-conservative casbah further.
Old 03-08-2021, 01:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i like extended family grps for traditionalism. the atomized "nuclear family" was step 1 in breaking down the family into highly consumptive units, disconnecting people from their elders, and dissolving community. but i understand some ppl are addicted to the norms they are born in, can conceive of nothing else and are dumb so i will not endeavor to rock your quite literally neo-conservative casbah further.
Thank you for sparing us your word vomit that you’ve settled on to explain your sad existence. Amazing.
Old 03-08-2021, 10:20 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Traditionally humans lived in larger groups, 20-50 was typical in a tribe. It's been proven through genetic studies. We are totally not a monogamous species. I mean just look at the marriage and divorce rates. Yet we aren't entirely polyamorous either. We're something in between.

I do think we'd be happier as a species living together in larger complexes. Though getting there would be a radical shift. If anything we're still trending in the other direction. Another possibility would be single living spaces within a larger communal area. As crime continues to decrease this may become a reality.
Old 03-08-2021, 11:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Traditionally humans lived in larger groups, 20-50 was typical in a tribe. It's been proven through genetic studies. We are totally not a monogamous species. I mean just look at the marriage and divorce rates. Yet we aren't entirely polyamorous either. We're something in between.

I do think we'd be happier as a species living together in larger complexes. Though getting there would be a radical shift. If anything we're still trending in the other direction. Another possibility would be single living spaces within a larger communal area. As crime continues to decrease this may become a reality.
U would believe anything
Old 03-08-2021, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

I agree with this. Also each tribal or family unit had a stronger central authority figure heading it. Be it Lord, Chief, priest, etc. With a small family unit, it's to easy to end up in a situation with alot of infighting or just one mentally ill and abusive tyrant. With around 30 people, this isn't entirely eliminated, but it is much less likely one child or person will grow up the familial punching bag or an abusive asshole will get away with it. Manipulation would be much harder, as there would be several moms making sure that the children took the trash out and recycled the compost and no one individual would be able to regularly manipulate their way out.

One of the biggest problems that I went through this year was all authority was abdicated to an irresponsible and judgmental individual who couldn't even care for themselves, let alone run the household.

Because of my history with abuse and self worth, lack of confidence issues, I was not able to step up and fill that leadership void and our family unit devolved into three people abdicating responsibility for the household to no one and each other.

We as a species need a clear, hierarchical, ranked structure, and more people to share the responsibility of living well.

Pop culture and modern liberalism blames the government and rich people and says police need to do this and school needs to teach this. No one holds themselves or their family leadership responsible and when there's a problem, the community doesn't step in and ensure that there is someone to teach children how to look after themselves.
Old 03-10-2021, 11:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Duh
Closed Thread