Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2021, 05:49 PM
Fire Giant

Default 50's SK Gear Advice

So I've come back to my SK twink after taking a break, and he's still mostly in classic gear. Green Magelo Link

I'm not sure where to go with gear. I mostly solo, doing a lot of fear kiting, so I haven't been too concerned about maxing my HPs. My instinct is to try and pick up a Narandi Crown and maybe max my STR to speed things up (though this may require going to Sky, yuck). I have up to 100k to blow, but would rather do something more modest around 20-30k, unless there's a large power bump involved—thing's like epic, blood ember legs, eyepatch of plunder, etc. come to mind.

I theoretically have access to raid loot via my other chars, but I'm trying not to burn myself out immediately after coming back to the game, hence the derping around on the SK. So, some easy to attain raid pieces may be doable, but nothing more competitive. I've been eyeing a Soul Defiler, for example.

Obviously, if I'm just grouping this gear is mostly good enough, but I need some sort of direction to keep me interested other than grinding for grinding's sake.

Any suggestions welcome.
Old 12-08-2021, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

My blue SK is geared something like this:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Nareik

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-08-2021, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...if I'm just grouping this gear is mostly good enough...
Fungus twink with plane of air items is a little past "mostly good enough" for normal experience group stuff.

I don't think you need equipment advice. You either already have or are well aware of the big-ticket items. Rather you're running into the level range where melee twinks start to run out of steam and can't effortlessly hack their way through Norrath anymore. It is not for no reason a bunch quit around the high 40's/low 50's range; for a long time I used to pretty regularly see shadow knights in particular in that level range being parted out and sold in EC. If you have multiple other raid-ready characters than you know what level 50+ EQ entails and if you don't want to do that push again then it's time to start planning your next character.

Danth
Old 12-09-2021, 11:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fungus twink with plane of air items is a little past "mostly good enough" for normal experience group stuff.

I don't think you need equipment advice. You either already have or are well aware of the big-ticket items.

Danth
Old 12-08-2021, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

If you want to increase your solo speed, improve your mana regen. Since you have Fungi and you are a Troll,
you already have good HP regen. That means Crown of Narandi, Shawl 7, and Blood Ember Greaves. Those will give you the biggest bang for your buck.

Eyepatch is a nice item, but I haven't seen a huge DPS increase with it, and I have https://wiki.project1999.com/Ancient...ched_Flamberge .

You could certainly boost your stats quite a bit since most of your items are quite basic, and that should give you some improvements as well if you upgrade enough pieces.

As a fellow Troll SK, you can look at my Magelo in my Sig to get ideas on what to fill your other slots with.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 12-08-2021 at 06:45 PM..
Old 12-22-2021, 11:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That means Crown of Narandi, Shawl 7, and Blood Ember Greaves. Those will give you the biggest bang for your buck.
I picked up the greaves and wow they are amazing. I was skeptical because I've seen some debate on how good they were before, but I am now a true believer. Absolutely class changing. 3 seconds is perfectly serviceable for most use cases, esp. given there's no additional cool down so you can just spam them. I can't imagine playing without them at this point.
Old 01-01-2022, 11:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That means Crown of Narandi, Shawl 7, and Blood Ember Greaves. Those will give you the biggest bang for your buck.
Nah, somebody else already established that wearing expensive raid loot is a good way to gear your mid 50s SK.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 01-01-2022, 11:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, somebody else already established that wearing expensive raid loot is a good way to gear your mid 50s SK.
And when you can't rebut my points, you just change the topic nonsensically.

Tormax crown is no-where near as easy to get as Narandi Crown lol. If you think so, you don't even raid here. Comparing a Truesight item to Narandi Crown is truly ridiculous.
Old 01-01-2022, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
And when you can't rebut my points, you just change the topic nonsensically.
A) Did you have a point?
B) Pointing out your insane level of hypocrisy should count as rebuttal
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 01-01-2022, 11:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A) Did you have a point?
B) Pointing out your insane level of hypocrisy should count as rebuttal
Yes, I clearly explained my point. Comparing Narandi Crown to something like Tormax crown is nonsensical. Your attempt to do so is silly, and it is your attempt to grasp at straws while losing every point you are making.