Per patch notes dating January 17, 2001:

- The ranger's "Trueshot" discipline has had its damage increased after
analyzing data from its fix last week. Prior to the last patch, all
bows, while under the discipline, were hitting as if they were 45dmg
bows regardless of the delay. Last week's patch fixed it so that damage
was based on the damage of the bow. This weeks patch increases damage
bonuses in relation to delay (longer delays yield better damage
bonuses).

I have no data on what archery bonuses were, I have been searching far and wide. It just doesnt seem to be documented. But this should be corrected so that the bonus from archery is not calculated off primary weapon slot.

The wording also suggest that 2x damage modifier from non rooted, stationary targets should be affecting bonus damage from archery, as well as trueshot
Last edited by Awsten_Tx; 01-28-2023 at 08:41 PM..
Old 07-24-2024, 11:40 AM
Kobold

Although this post is out of Era, it is still indicative of bows having their own bonus, as well as Ranger Stationary and Trueshot AFFECTING that bonus.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...06701602090288

"Number 3: The trueshot discapline grants higher crits for bows with higher delays. To test the truth of this, get 2 bows with the same damage and different delays. Trueshot with both of them enough and you will come to see that the one with the higher delay crits harder, despite having equal damage. Therefore, a stonewood, for instance, probably out performes a featherwood during trueshot."

I still maintain, and will continue to maintain, the P99 mainhand bonus applying to archery is a gross error in the combat mechanics of the server. It is an artificial nerf to rangers as well as simultaneous buff to large races, namely large race warriors. Its a broken mechanic that needs fixed.

I posted this is the PVP bugs thread about archery bonus as well as the issue applies there and here.

Also its a good time to bump this thread to ensure it gets seen and addressed.

Bows had their own damage bonus, similar to 2 handers, it was based on the delay of the bow and the Ranger bonuses of stationary target and trueshot affected said bonuses.
Old 07-24-2024, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

How can you show bows had any damage bonus outside trueshot?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 07-24-2024, 04:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How can you show bows had any damage bonus outside trueshot?
Believe it or not, live actually functioned the same way P99 does, where when a bow crit, you would get 2 damage reports. 1 would be the base damage, and the 2nd critical damage would include the damage bonus.

This was a well know bug that actually got patched (specifically called out in patch notes).

Anywho you could subtract the value of the base damage from the critical damage to know the bow bonus.

Unfortunately I have been unable to dig out of the internet, any screen shots of critical hits with bows.

I thought it wouldnt be hard, but unfotunately most of the websites pertaining to everquest, be in fan made, etc, simply do not exist anymore and the webarchives for them are incomplete.
Old 07-24-2024, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

I read a 6yr old thread on paly holyforge disc. It needs developer input to fix damage bonuses, crits and crips are all rog/bog jobs. One would assume this issue would require the same depth of knowledge and permissions to execute.
Good luck.
Old 07-24-2024, 04:50 PM
Kobold

What i suspect happened, was the OG devs patched trueshot to double damage, then the following week patched it again to double damage bonus as well. This is how the above cited patch note reads.

Based on my damage findings, this would put ranger archery damage about where it should have been on live.
Old 08-03-2024, 10:57 AM
Kobold

I also just realised, the Darby logs posted on Allakhazam do not have a single odd damage output. This indicates the bow bonus was doubled as well.