Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Orc

Default Camping Raid Mobs... gone on long enough ?!

Camping Raid Mobs etc... gone on long enough ? isnt it about time guilds/gms come to some sort of agreement ? this is pretty crazy the state of the raid game on the server,normal players should have at least a chance of reliving the classic raid experience on this server, this server is great but for the majority the way it stands now they will never get a chance at the most fun encounters in the game cause of the current raid rules this could be the downfall on this server unfortunately... so your thoughts on this please ? keep it clean! ffs
Old 06-13-2010, 10:58 AM
Banned

Yea, it's kind of crazy right now and it has been for the past 2-3 weeks. Sitting on a raid boss / dragon for 3-4 days at a time burns people out quite quickly. Not to mention it also promotes people bypassing the server rules -- and you saw a sudden and massive increase in IP exemptions -- because they're forced to use their mains to sit afk on a raid to get first dibs.

It's kind of sickening for all parties involved. Personally I'd like to see a rotation implemented, it'd solve a lot of problems and let people finally get some sleep.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Kobold

BOXING FTW!!
Old 06-13-2010, 05:33 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BOXING FTW!!
yep

I'd bet there is a large number of people boxing on this server. GM's say you get punished if you're caught but i'm sure they haven't caught many of them.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
and you saw a sudden and massive increase in IP exemptions
I wonder how you saw this? I can not read all petitions in the exploit forum, can you?
Old 06-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaellaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder how you saw this? I can not read all petitions in the exploit forum, can you?
No, but I've certainly heard about some, seen some, and assumed it's happening more often. Not a poorly based assumption though, considering the way things have been panning out as of late =P
Old 06-13-2010, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

Is Ib the only guild doing this?...everyone blames IB all the time, I think Dark Ass is right there as well.

2 guilds have the server raid content on lock down...sad state for P1999
Old 06-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Fire Giant

I'm like 90% convinced that a lot of two top raiding guilds are 2 boxing, whether it's with everyone's knowledge or not, but I honestly don't think anyone can really sit in a zone for days on end and be there the whole time without tearing at their eyes.

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgetrapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm like 90% convinced that a lot of two top raiding guilds are 2 boxing, whether it's with everyone's knowledge or not, but I honestly don't think anyone can really sit in a zone for days on end and be there the whole time without tearing at their eyes.
You have multiple people do it.

We used to do that for the cleric epic.

I remember hating doing my 4 hour shift.

Guildies would stop by and help you pass the time by goofing off and chating tho.

You kinda got put in the spotlight when it was your turn to help. Was cool in that way.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgetrapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol.

Yup, we all two box. Every single one of us. Because the GMs would never think of checking for that, we are all just that sneaky!

Right.

The truth is, we /petition and report two boxers just like the rest of you. We are normal people and we follow rules, likely with more precision then the common player because we are constantly attacked when anything goes bad. Sure some of us have more time than the average player, more experience, more connections, etc. But we aren't all super hackers or "basement nerds without a life". The "blame the top guilds" routine is getting old, all we do is play to the best of our ability, within the rule sets given to us.

Leave us alone. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]