Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2013, 02:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCry0x [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read through some of them and it looks like, as you said, you guys were doing just this.

It also looks like the whole thing only lasted 3 weeks and blew up when TMO & Taken teamed up to kill talendor to block VD from a kill? (don't really care a lot about the details either way)

Aside from that the 3 threads were basically 200+ posts of rambling, a couple of trolls but generally taken, BDA & divinity being active in attempts then as of the last post getting butt hurt when TMO helped on a kill.

Seems like a lot of bitching was around variance and having to track mobs, which at this point is a dead horse that has been beaten into the ground.

The program gave people the option to track & have a chance to engage, if people were not happy with that then you got to just ignore them... there are always people that want the world handed to them.

-edit-

Either way, good on you guys, it looks like you tried and it was semi-successful.

If you would want to give it another shot that would be cool, otherwise oh well =P
I ran the endangered species program for TMO it was the last attempt TMO had made to make some sort of piece with the server. People hated IB when they where on top and now people hate TMO for the same reasons.

We tried to do things differently then IB, we tried to offer raid mobs up, we tried to open dialogue with other guilds and we got spit on instead so we stopped trying.

The main issue we always had with giving up mobs has always been there has always been a guild that HATED us or we HATED them. For example VD/BDA/IB combination guilds instead wanting to be a raiding guild they wanted to "Kill" TMO they did not want to happy with being in the raid scene they wanted TO BE the raid scene like TMO is now.

This all or nothing approach is why they failed and it is the same approach FE took, they hated TMO and they are circling the drain at the moment as well. So when TMO looks at this group of organized people whose main motivation isn't slaying dragons for fun/loot it is slaying TMO and the destroy our guild so they can be no1 we feel less charitable.

The fact is if we brought back the endangered dragon program today the majority of the mobs would go to FE this would gear up FE members and bolster recruitment then FE would go back its old ways of Training us in VP FTE sniping mobs and generally making the raid scene shitty for TMO again.

It's really just a core of members from old IB on this server that float around and "infect" a guild with anti TMO sentiment BDA got hit VD got hit FE got hit and when those guilds start to have a hard time keeping up they ghost or jump ship.

I'm rambling but basically, we tried people hated us for "giving" them mobs we stopped people hate us for monopolizing mobs.

I stopped caring what other guilds think of TMO anymore.

TMO is my family in this game thats all i care about.